Not Recomending This . . .

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Optimistic Paranoid

Reaction score
. . . Though I did think the picture was interesting . . .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 70
Interesting. Did the original picture purveyor claim good function?

SternWake said:
Interesting. Did the original picture purveyor claim good function?

Actually, it was posted in a "Make Me LOL" thread in an off-road forum.  No claims of any kind were made, and whoever posted it didn't say where he got it.

hahahahahahahaha.................................................... what are some people thinking. highdesertranger

Okay, since I've managed to live through all my misadventures so far, I can admit to some dufus moves. Back in the 70's: My VW bus back bumper falls apart, so I happen on a 2 x 8 and bolt it on. Next thing you know, people are honking and waving at me as they pass by and I'm waving back, and then I notice smoke out the back window. I pull over and find the bumper.... pretty much on fire. Doh.......

Sassy

Looks solid and rust free...but you're right, knotty pine isn't the best choice there.

omg the scary part is that person probably drove on the highway right next to someone on this forum. I have some good ones I have seen idiots take their shocks off and jack there vehicle up and stick a 2x4 in place of the shock when the suspension was fully extended they thought this was a lift kit. seen another guy take red bricks and use them for lift blocks, oh boy this is where Darwin comes in. one more seen a guy fill his trunk with bricks, I mean like the whole trunk was full you couldn't get one more brick in there he did this to make it a low rider. it was riding low about as low as his IQ. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
 seen a guy fill his trunk with bricks,  I mean like the whole trunk was full you couldn't get one more brick in there he did this to make it a low rider.  it was riding low about as low as his IQ.  highdesertranger

That's about as smart as carrying gasoline in a styrofoam cup.  :dodgy:

.....If it gets you to a better place to deal with it, then a $500+ tow fee?????