Not new to this, looking to caravan in southeast

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deborah

Reaction score
I'm 65, living in my van and Im from nc.  I'm interested in making friends with other lady vandwellers.

Hi:

Welcome to the forum. I am an old lady mini-van dweller...not full time yet...just waiting for SS to reach its maximum before I start collecting and retire. I am on the road for weekends and vacations, though.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

GypsyJan said:
Hi:

Welcome to the forum. I am an old lady mini-van dweller...not full time yet...just waiting for SS to reach its maximum before I start collecting and retire. I am on the road for weekends and vacations, though.
GypsyJan TY, Nice to hear from you.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

landyachtman said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.
I don't have anything original to share. Thank you.

Due to coronavirus HOWA is not sponsoring any gatherings. When it's safe again to have gatherings HOWA will restart the caravan program, the Women's Rubber Tramp Rendezvous, and the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous.
Caravans - https://homesonwheelsalliance.org/caravans/

In the meantime, you can join in on a virtual caravan and perhaps meet some people to camp with. https://homesonwheelsalliance.org/programs/
Scroll down on the page. Attending involves joining both Meetup and Zoom.

Deborah you can always come to YArC Camp in Quartzsite, AZ at La Posa South LTVA. We have very few campers this year due to Covid.

Deborah. - i’m not a lady, but I’m an East Coast Snowbird in Florida right now. It would be nice to get a few people together to do some sort of caravan in the east. That was a goal that Bob and Sueann had but Covid sorta put it on the back burner. I understand why you’re looking for a woman to caravan with. But here on the East Coast we’re not as many people as they have on the West Coast. If you would be comfortable with multiple people of both sexes I think that can be done. I would think if we get four or five people, males and females, it would be worth a try. I understand why it wouldn’t work with one woman and one man, nor would you want to be the only women with tons of men. There might be a few ladies that would like that but most wouldn’t want it and I don’t blame them. Keep in touch. I’m trying to keep a list of East Coast people and I will put you on it. When this Covid gets over HOWA will want to organize a little bit more on the East Coast and I’ll have that list to give them.

I think that's fine. I would take part in associating with others like elders who are staying in their van or car, traveling with the weather and for their company for practical and safety reasons. I have a cb radio for comms.

I'm not a good candidate for cross country travels. I avoid crowds. I won't go to meetups. I will drive from Carolina to Florida to be with good weather, doing the things that most normally do on the practical day to day. Like organizing, doing laundry, fixing meals, etc.

I don't think anyone should be alone.

Everyone in (y)our mobile neighborhood know of places to park and do business. Plenty of destinations.

It doesn't feel normal to be all alone on the road and knowing nobody around. Having comrades is so important. Got me to thinking about the small mobile neighborhood. Its something worth thinking about.

Cammalu said:
Deborah... come to... Quartzsite, AZ .... We have very few campers this year due to Covid.

Thank you Cammalu for the invitation. I've grown accustomed and too old to change. I think I would like to experiment here, closer to home territory and see how it goes.

Well then Deborah. I have a place in Kentucky you can camp on if you get thru there.

rvwandering said:
Due to coronavirus HOWA is not sponsoring any gatherings. When it's safe again to have gatherings HOWA will restart the caravan program, the Women's Rubber Tramp Rendezvous, and the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous.
Caravans - https://homesonwheelsalliance.org/caravans/

In the meantime, you can join in on a virtual caravan and perhaps meet some people to camp with. https://homesonwheelsalliance.org/programs/
Scroll down on the page. Attending involves joining both Meetup and Zoom.
COVID is part of the ecosystem now. There isn’t ever going to be a return to pre-COVID life. It’s out and mutating. My approach is fortify my immune system and continue to enjoy my life. Who during a pandemic will ignore their own health? Pretending that it’s going to go away makes me reticent to join you all (as if you’ll ever accept germ-laden caravaners.)

As far as the OP, I am near Lake Lanier in Georgia. I’m definitely interested in meeting up with anyone who’s not hiding from infectious diseases. My brother just started his vanlife journey in the area and may be interested, too.

I'm near brunswick ga. at the moment.... And I read the comments about lake lanier. Oh my! Lol

:0), thanks friend. In those lovely hills ? .... I broke up camp in September. I've learned a lot about camping but Im adapting it with my van dwelling experiences. I stayed at osceola nat forest last week to learn that I don't feel safe sleeping in a tent or anywhere outside my locked van. I be staying between the mountains and the ocean.

Lorelei072 said:
I've been kinda wishing and missing my casual bike rides around carolina beach. The personality of it has changed so much. It's good exercise. I miss my bicycle. The SE is loaded with flat surfaces to cruise.

It's great to hear about like-minded folks in the southeast. Will y'all be boondocking in National Forests? Or staying in any COE sites?

Would love to Spunky hang out in and travel flordia and get away from Baltimore cold. 70 year old Hippie grownup now. Raised the kids and want the old lifeback of a freelance life style. Spunky