Not new to this, looking to caravan in southeast

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GypsyJan said:
It's great to hear about like-minded folks in the southeast. Will y'all be boondocking in National Forests? Or staying in any COE sites?
I have a full time job and relatives here. I stealth-camp in shopping centers and spend free time at local parks.

Deborah said:
I've been kinda wishing and missing my casual bike rides around carolina beach.  The personality of it has changed so much.  It's good exercise.  I miss my bicycle.  The SE is loaded with flat surfaces to cruise. 

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
Fresh air, sunshine, and exercise is still good for you. HMU If you come by Lake Lanier. George needs some work before I go on another road trip.

GypsyJan said:
Will y'all be boondocking in National Forests? Or staying in any COE sites?

I say Yes, if they want to. Some could have suggestions depending. I got a taste of this in florida recently. It would have been better to know someone there. But I stayed one night. I view the idea is more geared towards living along the road and parking spaces. And as another mentioned, days in the local parks.

Deborah said:
I'm 65, living in my van and Im from nc.  I'm interested in making friends with other lady vandwellers.
Hi Deborah. I have a minivan I camp in occasionally. I live in east TN, & wanted to reach out to the camper in you. Feel free to connect with me anytime. Lisa

Hi Lisa, Bless ya big. :0). Camping for me is sitting outside boiling water for coffee on my rigged alcohol stove. I haven't done this yet because I do it inside the van in less steps. I literally am not cut out for this lifestyle full time. The group I'm in, park at the park during the day with a night parking space to sleep. That is it. I pray this is temporary. I don't know what I'ma doing. Lol

"Fresh air, sunshine, and exercise is still good for you. HMU If you come by Lake Lanier. George needs some work before I go on another road trip"

hey there.

Was this message for me? I don't know of lake lanier or george.

Deborah said:
Hi Lisa, Bless ya big.  :0).    Camping for me is sitting outside  boiling water for coffee on my rigged alcohol stove.  I haven't done this yet because I do it inside the van in less steps.  I literally am not cut out for this lifestyle full time.    The group I'm in,  park at the park during the day with a night parking space to sleep.  That is it.  I pray this is temporary.  I don't know what I'ma doing.  Lol

Best wishes to you Deborah in which I hope that you can create & find the ideal lifestyle for yourself.  Thx for letting me know. Lisa

thank you Lisa. Been at this now off and on for over ten years. The thought of renting and I break out in hives. I'm going to live in the van until the land sells and I buy another place to call home and park. Grin. Living on the road is my lifestyle for now. I'd rather be working in my gardens and greenhouse. I'm a herbalist who loves playing in the gardens.

Spunky said:
Would love to Spunky hang out in and travel flordia and get away from Baltimore cold. 70 year old Hippie grownup now. Raised the kids and want the old lifeback of a freelance life style. Spunky
Hello Spunky, I went south for a kontg but now I'm back in home state. At the coast for the weekend and then inland next week. I don't know how to use the buddy list thing yet. I could use a tutor. Grin