Not a Newbie but New to Here.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow! I had no idea that Bob's page even had forums let alone that they're so popular and busy. What an Amazing community!

My name is Wayne, I'm a  photographer and working graphic/web designer when I have to be. I'm at home on the road. Searching for the way to be on a perpetual Full Time road-trip. I Have done many over the past decade but have always had to regroup (to earn money), but my soul belongs between the center line and the ditches. I started blog back in 2009 around the same time as I decided to drop everything and road-trip across Canada during the winter, sleeping through the icy nights in the back of my SUV. After that I was hooked completely. Every waking hour, every job, every dollar was focused on getting myself back on the road. It's been a long journey, one that I spent alone, ....until last year.

While on my last year long adventure I met LaDonna, she met up with me in various locations and we explored, hiked and talked and became friends. Soon it was pretty obvious we both wanted and liked many of the same things. As of writing this little intro (September 2017) we're preparing for the next adventure, together! Accompanied but her Springer Spaniel Kahlua (Lua) who has graciously adopted me.  :)

It's been a long 6 months of hard work and being stationary here in BC but we're getting close to hitting the road and looking forward to what the future holds for us, hopefully spent in the southwest deserts of the US. 

Hoping to connect with many of you as we go.
Cheers to all and safe travels.
Wayne

Moderator Note: Removed links per New poster rules

Welcome Wayne to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

check your PM's

Welcome aboard you two , (three) !

Ask any questions you want and post answers as you can !

There was at least one BC Snowbird couple at last year's RTR, camped next to me. Great folks, hope you can make it also.

Hi Wayne and welcome. Best of luck to you and really interested in hearing more from you. As far as the modding goes here, hopefully it rolls off ya. Its nothing personal. No idea what the links were or what the new rules are, but in the end, the modding does keep this forum relatively drama free unless a person is looking to feel insulted. Again, hope to hear more and get your post count up so you can post the link to your blog, I think? I like pics. Just from your post here, I'm betting your pics are great. No reason,(at all), but is LaDonna in any of them? No matter, we'll discuss her later... Best of luck and enjoy the ride!

rvpopeye said:
Welcome aboard you two , (three) !

Thanks Popeye! Sorry for the late reply, things are getting hectic as we get ready to hit the road. Will be more present around here as things even out. I'm sure we'll talk again soon!

DLTooley said:
There was at least one BC Snowbird couple at last year's RTR, camped next to me.  Great folks, hope you can make it also.

Thanks Douglas, we're planning to hit the RTR this year too. As well my GF is really into crystals and gems so she wants to hit the big mineral show there around the same time. We'll be desert bound by mid November so... see you all soon.

Wabbit said:
Hi Wayne and welcome. Best of luck to you and really interested in hearing more from you. As far as the modding goes here, hopefully it rolls off ya. Its nothing personal. No idea what the links were or what the new rules are, but in the end, the modding does keep this forum relatively drama free unless a person is looking to feel insulted. Again, hope to hear more and get your post count up so you can post the link to your blog, I think? I like pics. Just from your post here, I'm betting your pics are great. No reason,(at all), but is LaDonna in any of them? No matter, we'll discuss her later... Best of luck and enjoy the ride!

Hey Wabbit, I'm fairly easy going, every forum is different and I simply didn't see the rules before hand. No biggie. LaDonna and I will be making more videos for my/our Youtube channel. She may even join here later as we get settled a little. Lots of planning and prepping right now, hence my late replies. 

We'll catch up soon I'm sure. :)