Nor'Easter in the Nation's Capitol

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny b

Reaction score
Well, the weather guys were off by just a bit... :rolleyes: 
The forecast was plenty early in the week and plenty serious as to how bad the storm would be.....BUT....it turned out even worse.
The damn thing has stalled and slowed its northward course a bit, causing already high estimates of snow to go even higher.
I went out about 2PM today to see about knocking out a bit of shoveling, but blizzard conditions had me crawling back inside in less than an hour.
I was able to stuff a yardstick in my front yard and it was showing 18 inches. 4 hours later and I'm now at 24 inches. It's still coming down and the new cutoff time here will be around 11PM (instead of the original 7PM)....although the rate of fall has lightened up. :) 
So far the weather guy puts this one in the record book at #2.

Tomorrow is really gonna suck....will try to get an early start on the shoveling.
Am hoping that some young entrepreneurs with shovels will get out early as well. Unfortunately I've only got 50 bucks in cash, and that don't go far here in the DC suburbs....I'll have to be tough negotiating.

I used to like snow in my younger days...not so much now. [El Nino' can kiss my ass]

I think I'm gonna like the desert.....RTR 2017 or bust!!!

Here's my poor trailer and van at 'only' 18 inches:   :(

Trl1_Blizzard2016.jpgVan1_Blizzard2016.jpg

Attachments

• Trl1_Blizzard2016.jpg
    Trl1_Blizzard2016.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Van1_Blizzard2016.jpg
    Van1_Blizzard2016.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 18
This one missed me! Whooooda thunk it!
That size storm typically hits Maine 10+ times per winter. :rolleyes:
Stay away , you've been warned ;)

I'm in the Hudson Valley about 100 miles north of NYC.  The city got 26 inches.  We never even saw a flurry.

Regards
John

PatsyG said:
I feel for all those affected - especially anyone in a van.  Glad I'm not there.

I remember being stuck in a trailer in 8 inches in Dekalb 25 years ago. Oh, boy, was that NOT fun. We had delayed setting off because of giving a month's notice at work, personal disorganization, a needed warranty repair on our new trailer, getting nervous about actually leaving ... reasons. After that storm, we could barely wait to get out of there and head south.