Noob Questions Inclosed

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I have an 86 e350 with a fiberglass high top no windows and no boards inside as a backing looking for ideas as to how I can attach Insulation Wood and maybe some cabinetry along one side sturdily? Really new to building in general but I want this project to be done right and last a long time to come. Also this is a passenger van so It has windows any tips or tricks to insulate the windows well while still being able to see out of them

Link removed per forum guidelines.
cyndi

There are hundreds of threads with examples.

Asking specific Qs more likely to get help.

Thousand_Sunny said:
any tips or tricks to insulate the windows well while still being able to see out of them

Hi Sunny,  I've suggested constructing inner widows, possibly even double-pane.  That would give you three panes for daytime, and you could close VERY insulated drapes for night. Never heard from anyone on the idea.  I just don't like the cave-type insulation I've seen.  Seems to me it's a formula for winter light-deprived depression

max+sophia said:
Seems to me it's a formula for winter light-deprived depression
Which is exactly why I chose a van with windows lol I already suffer from depression thanks for the reply I like the idea and am going to give it some serious thought as to how to accomplish it!

Thousand_Sunny said:
Which is exactly why I chose a van with windows lol

I see the reason SUNNY is in your name. :D :cool: 
Try to speak with a window expert to see if the inner piece should be plexiglass. Possibly for safety and/or longer life.