• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE 2000 GMC Savana high top conversion Oregon -SOLD!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catmomtoo

Reaction score
Van life dreaming? This groovy 2000 GMC Savana 1500 automatic transmission fiberglass high top was a passenger van now converted to a single person getaway camper. Non-smoker vehicle, and no shedding pets. Drives excellent with a solid V8 5.7 ltr engine, 112,000 miles, gets 11mpg city, and highway mileage is 14mpg. Registered, insured, rear wheel drive, two seats, passenger seat swivels, electric windows, sensitive car alarm. New tires just before I bought it.

It’s a minimalist build with plenty of character. Puc and battery lighting, storage for 8 gallons of bottled water. TONS of storage for food, gear, pet, and clothing. Sound dead, wood flooring, Retro tile, 200 watts of Renology flex panels, two 6v 224Ah AGM batteries, battery charge monitor and capacity tester, Aims 1250 Inverter, brand new engine battery, and more.

Original owner’s manual, two keys, one door lock alarm fob. I pulled off the side door cards to add in insulation, so it’s yours to finish. Seat covers, dashboard mat, booster seat cushion, blackout curtain, reflex shades, and waiting to finish, twinkle lights, two 4” mattresses included with a marine airflow mattress base, storage bins, a Big Foot air freshener, all the accent pieces to show that you are from the West Coast.

Yes the van has character. You can look at the front and the bumper shows a dent. I suspect damage and that’s why the radiator needed replacing. Here’s what's wrong with it: cruise control does not work-needs new cable, and the air conditioner does not work. I’ve had it looked at, and the estimate for the work is more than I’m willing to go the distance for. 

Here is a link to my Google folder with photos and more description AND almost every expense itemization on this project. Thanks!
[size=small]https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Gb2aXOWuRI-quD3bAmyE2g8O9CJNRl75?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Gb2aXOWuRI-quD3bAmyE2g8O9CJNRl75?usp=sharing[/size]

Attachments

• front left.jpg
    front left.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 14
  • van driver cabin.jpg
    van driver cabin.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 10
slow2day said:
The price?  Location?

Well, I'm in northern Oregon and can easily travel...

If you look at my out of pocket spread sheet in my Google folder, you'll see what I've spent and does NOT include the cost of the vehicle.
You tell me what you think.

^^
Well, the amount you have spent on it doesn't have a lot to do with what it's worth to someone else.

You can never get back what you've spent on it unless you're really lucky.

I've bought and sold a lot of vehicles and feel that trying to sell one by listing it as "Best Offer" is the worst way.

People want to know what you're asking for it. If someone drives 2 hours to come and look at it and you tell them you want $$$$ and that's way more than they could afford or want to pay....it just wastes everyone's time.

You should research NADA Guides,Edmund's and Kelly Blue Book to determine what the value of the van by itself is (with no A/C or cruise). Then compare that to other vans listed in your area. Then figure what all the extra equipment might be worth and decide on a price you would be willing to accept.

It's a crazy market right now in a lot of areas, so you can start by asking a pretty high price and come down later if you're not getting much of a response. My 2 cents.

catmomtoo said:
Van life dreaming? This groovy 2000 GMC Savana 1500 automatic transmission fiberglass high top was a passenger van now converted to a single person getaway camper. Non-smoker vehicle, and no shedding pets. Drives excellent with a solid V8 5.7 ltr engine, 112,000 miles, gets 11mpg city, and highway mileage is 14mpg. Registered, insured, rear wheel drive, two seats, passenger seat swivels, electric windows, sensitive car alarm. New tires just before I bought it. I'll ask $12K for this and let's talk about final price. 

It’s a minimalist build with plenty of character. Puc and battery lighting, storage for 8 gallons of bottled water. TONS of storage for food, gear, pet, and clothing. Sound dead, wood flooring, Retro tile, 200 watts of Renology flex panels, two 6v 224Ah AGM batteries, battery charge monitor and capacity tester, Aims 1250 Inverter, brand new engine battery, and more.

Original owner’s manual, two keys, one door lock alarm fob. I pulled off the side door cards to add in insulation, so it’s yours to finish. Seat covers, dashboard mat, booster seat cushion, blackout curtain, reflex shades, and waiting to finish, twinkle lights, two 4” mattresses included with a marine airflow mattress base, storage bins, a Big Foot air freshener, all the accent pieces to show that you are from the West Coast.

Yes the van has character. You can look at the front and the bumper shows a dent. I suspect damage and that’s why the radiator needed replacing. Here’s what's wrong with it: cruise control does not work-needs new cable, and the air conditioner does not work. I’ve had it looked at, and the estimate for the work is more than I’m willing to go the distance for. 

Here is a link to my Google folder with photos and more description AND almost every expense itemization on this project. Thanks!
[size=small]https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Gb2aXOWuRI-quD3bAmyE2g8O9CJNRl75?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Gb2aXOWuRI-quD3bAmyE2g8O9CJNRl75?usp=sharing[/size]

yes, just sold yesterday to the right person that my clear description of the issues were not a challenge. A good karmic match, thank you.