• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

4 Sale High Top ‘95 GMC Vandura Best Offer (Indiana)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolBlueDude

Reaction score
This looks like the right place to post this after reading the forum guidelines again.

I’m selling my ‘95 GMC Vandura G2500 $4,500 obo CASH IS KING

Speedometer doesn’t work but I have some receipts/documents that show it had approx ?92-95k? miles on it before I got it and I’ve put about 2k miles on it in the two years I’ve owned it (I truly do not drive much). It’s safe to say it’s still under 100k miles! This van runs great!! The engine and transmission are strong with 0 mechanical issues. I put a NEW battery in it 2/1018, NEW OEM thermostat 3 months ago. She has a factory high top and I’ve stripped out the two captains chairs and rear couch in the back of it so she is a completely blank canvas for a great van build opportunity.

I had a reputable mechanic inspection done on it before I bought it and there were minor issues (tail lights, non essential  interior electrical wiring issues, air conditioning, etc). I paid $400 to have it fixed when I bought her and haven’t had a serious issues yet. I welcome the next potential buyer to get a menchanic to inspect it for their own piece of mind as well.

Only issue I’ve had with this van is there is a slow leak in the A/C (heat works fine), and I need to replace the radiator hose because there is a hole in it ($27 part). It’s cheap and easy to work on. Perfect van for van life which is why I bought it in the first place.

If interested just let me know. I can take as many pics and videos as necessary.

56F31ADB-C399-42A4-87EC-4E165C26688F.jpeg

Attachments

• 56F31ADB-C399-42A4-87EC-4E165C26688F.jpeg
    56F31ADB-C399-42A4-87EC-4E165C26688F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
how many miles does the computer say is on it. that has to work or it would run like sh*t. highdesertranger

It’s analog not digital speedometer.Itwas replaced before I got it and the new gauge Speedo doesn’t work.The new gauge cluster reads 127k and I’m pretty sure I have paperwork showing in my van showing this information for the potential buyer to check out if they so desire.However, the speedometer not working has absolutely  nothing to do with how well the van runs my friend. Not sure what you mean by that comment sir.

does this have a location?
some other photos would help even if separate comments.
So is it less than 100K or 127K didn't get all of that exchange

I’m located in Indiana.

The mileage is approximated to be under 100k and is probably closer to 95-96k if I had to bet on it. The instrument panel was replaced with a used one before I bought it and the miles on the new instrument panel do not roll over. The instrument panel that is in it now has 127k miles on it. I’ve got paperwork in the van that documents this.

I tried uploading more pictures but the files were too big it said and I don’t have a way to make them smaller. If you want to dm me a phone number I can easily text you more pictures in the morning.

highdesertranger said:
your speedo might appear to be analog but it is in fact electronic  or it could be a hybrid.  however the computer does get an electronic speed signal and keeps track.  here a link for the speed sensor,

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,1995,g20,5.7l+v8,1046797,electrical,speed+sensor,10634

highdesertranger
I corrected myself earlier. The speedometer does work. 

The mileage gauge doesn’t roll over. Thus the reason for my confusion regarding your question earlier. I thought I made it clear that the mileage gage didn’t work. I had errantly said it was the speedometer, which is incorrect.

Your van is most likely an OBD1 diagnostic port. The ECM or PCM may or may not be programmed to record the actual mileage of your van. A call to a GM stealership shop to ask and a quick plug in to a code reader if it does will give you the information you need and what HDR is after.