Nice Gym Membership Overview

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Planet Fitness is only $10/mo (plus $30 every June per year.) But you have to find one you feel comfortable in: different hoods and all. Now I think PF may have National plans, where they were mainly local to one site before. That had to hurt their potential profit capacity. But I have not investigated what they are up to now, as to whether the same price extends to a National plan (?). What a deal! You can workout, shower, and sleep in the parking lot for $10/month (maybe) :cool:

I think Planet Fitness has a $20 a month plan that lets you use any facility. Plus you can bring one guest with you so if there are two of you then you could basically split it.

I didn't realize how many gyms Anytime Fitness has. At around 3000 gyms I would think they will be the one I look at when I go full time because it might give the best chance of finding a gym all over the country. Anyone using them now? What do you think of them?

I can say this, out west here there are huge areas with no gyms what so ever. highdesertranger

Not sure on the cost of Anytime Fitness. I just saw that they had by far the most gyms. I'll have to look at a map and see where most of them are. It won't help a whole lot if they have a lot but nothing close to where I'll be.

When I was out in San Francisco there was only one Planet Fitness around but there were 5 or 6 24 hr fitness centers.

Right now my goal is to be full time by October 1'st which is coming up at an alarming rate. Not sure if I'll be in California or AZ for the winter so once I'm in the van I'll have to see what the best options are.

When I checked into the anytime fitness cost about six months ago it was around $39.99 a month.

My Medicare plan has a "silver sneaker" card good in any fitness center - best to verify on the silver sneakers website

https://www.silversneakers.com/
Link to silver sneakers. Check to see if your Medicare policy is linked in with them. We have tried it and love it.

My nephew has a Planet Fitness card and said he likes to work out, shower and sleep in their parking lots. When I told him about the silver sneakers pass his eyes nearly fell out. We concluded to camp at a fitness place it needed to be 24 hours and it would be a good idea to tell them you plan to take a nap in the judgement free zone parking lot for a while...

Apparently if you do not have a phone number that their systems somehow recognizes you cannot join.

It seems to no like people like me. I recently changed phone numbers...the landline was turned off when I had to move out.

The current cell,phone is not mine. It is part of my son's family plan..and I will only use it till I hit the road.

Anyway..I cannot get past their first page. Doesn't "recognize" me?? Cannot even begin to figure out how to call them and maybe deal with it that way.

This link is in my portal site (edjsautoservice below bottom link)  It's near the top on the left column.

Map Muse:

http://find.mapmuse.com/map/anytime-fitness-center

You can find many other Gyms by clicking "see more". (42 Gym Chains in all)

By clicking the box at the left,  it will display the locations of that chain of Gyms on the Map.

As is pointed out by HDR,  there aren't a lot of these west of the Mississippi River. 

Then if you look at the Earth from space in the late night hours, there isn't much out there anyway.

33872399071_d126b2e6e4_b.jpg