Nice extension for remote mounting 110V outlets from an inverter

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vannautical engineer

Reaction score
I was looking around for some kind of solution that would allow me to safely extend the power from my inverter to have a remote set of outlets mounted somewhere, and I came across this. It's exactly what I was looking for. Basically an extension cord, but with the outlets on a panel mount instead of just a loose plug. It even has a USB power port and a remote inverter on/off switch. Maybe these are more common than I realize, but I had to dig a little to find something like this. Passing this along for someone looking for something similar. I ordered one. I'll try to remember to report back on how it seems. Looks maybe a little cheap from the photos, but hopefully functional enough.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-INVE...y-ON-OFF-Switch-OUTLET-EXTENSION/192962103278

Just an update, I got this, but I can't recommend it. :dodgy:

The outlets feel very cheap. They have very poor retention for anything you plug in. The whole thing feels cheap. I had to open it up to re-wire it to work with my inverter, and the soldering and wire stripping for the 110V outlets is sloppy. I'm not going to end up using it. Too bad, it's a nice concept for an inverter extension, but really poorly made.

Sure thing. Also for when the ebay link inevitably breaks sometime in the future, this is what I'm referring to in the original post.

s-l1600 (4).jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 3