Newcomer's question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosnia

Reaction score
I owned 2 Prius'es in last 20 years for city commuting only. First one was sold approaching 100,000 miles. My second Prius 2009  also marked 100,000 miles, however I am not selling but converting into RV. YouTube channel and CheapRVliving provide a lot of information about nomad living. So far I practice living in my smallest room and purchased Dometic freezer. However , Prius is class by itself,so I am concerned about  what to plug in where. 
Is anyone from this forum willing to mentor, and perhaps help in person during cold months in Arizona? I currently live in Phoenix, AZ. Thanks in advance. Safe and happy driving to all!

Welcome to the CRVL forums Bosnia! If I had a Prius I would be happy to help you but since I don't maybe you can pick up some tips from these video's on Bob's YouTube channel ( if you haven't already seen them)

Brent Traveling In a Prius -

Living in a Toyota Prius -

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

If you are on Facebook go to Prius Camping and request to join. Once in go to the FILES section and read up on electric stuff. Then go to the search button and search more specific things. There is a ton of info.  BTW, at 100,000 miles your Prius is barely broken in.

Thanks, I joined the group but didn't notice "file" feature. 
I didn't have any problems / cost with last Prius for 11 years, until recent collision with dog . Replaced front bumper, condenser, and radiator .
Few days ago engine " light" / code p1211 turned on, Toyota Dealership is asking $890 for valve replacement.  Still I love my car !

That's the coolant control valve, it is not too difficult to replace yourself.  There are lots of YouTube videos that walk you thru it, takes a first timer maybe a couple of hours going slow.  Cost of the part is less than $100.