Newby Questions

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomh

Reaction score
Hello, I'm thinking of buying a Ford Transit 250 long w/med roof, and having it converted into a camper van, that I intend to live in after I retire as a school teacher next June. I want it to be inconspicious so I can park it on the street without attracting attention, but also comfortable. I don't need a shower, or flush toilet, but would like a stove, microwave and refrigerator. Can someone recommend a company that does conversions, preferably in California, Nevada or Oregon? I am also open to any other suggestions, such as the make of van, new/used and the need for stealth

I'm looking forward to simplifying life, with more experiences and fewer things. I also look forward to becoming a member of this community and participating in many of the activities.

Thank you,

Tom

lol...I did a pinterest search for "Transit shower" and look what popped up first:

shower-in-use.jpg

Welcome to the CRVL forums tomh! In case you don't know, BradKW's post has a photo of Bob Wells demonstrating a shower off the back of a van. Bob's the owner of this website and host of gatherings called Rubber Tramp Rendezvous (RTRs).

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

We look forward to hearing more from you.