Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceilimary

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Hi,  Newly retired, don't have much to do...  I would like to drive (prius) to Alaska next year sometime.

Welcome! If you go early Summer to Alaska, watch the road conditions the farther North in Canada you get. Those unmarked frost heaves can be a bi*ch. Ask me how I know. Did over a $1K in damages to my van. It was like taking a curb straight on at 45 MPH (I did get slowed down some but no avoiding it). It was all the way across the road just over a rise and no shoulder. YMMV

Welcome to the CRVL forums ceilimary! Driving to Alaska is a wonderful road trip. Take the time to enjoy the beauty of British Columbia and the Yukon too!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi ceilimary, welcome to the forum! I've never been to Alaska. I'm probably going to stay in the lower 48 until I've seen all of them, before considering Alaska... it seems so remote! I've also never been to Hawaii and am in no hurry to get there.