Newbie saying Hello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Njaco

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm recently retired and my wife and I have no close relatives, have decided that we will buy an RV and make that home. So I'm here to learn and hopefully meet new friends. Thanks!

Welcome Njaco to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome to the CRVL forums Njaco..

Congrats on your retirement and enjoy the new adventure!

Hello community,
I am a van dweller headed west come April. This will be my first time "driving" beyond Texas. In my early days I was a hitch hiker and I never dreamed how much harder it is in a vehicle. My dog Gator and I are happy to join your company.

Welcome to the forum Benm3rd, it's good to have you join us.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Benm3rd..

There is much to read, learn and experience about the nomadic lifestyle on these forums for sure...

Thanks all! Hope I don't make too much of a pain around here. We decided to plan, get things in order and in about 1 year, make the transition.

Njaco said:
Thanks all! Hope I don't make too much of a pain around here. We decided to plan, get things in order and in about 1 year, make the transition.
Welcome. After you get into the year ahead plans, consider getting out for a day or two day trips. It helps to ease the transition rather than jumping in all at one time. It's good practice & helps in your planning of needs and a happy acceptance of a new lifestyle.  :)

Exactly what we were planning. Found a 2007 Ford for rent at $500 a week so we are gonna try that this summer.

Latest posts