Newbie introduction

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankweathers

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Glenn, better known as "Tank" since the 5th grade. I'm 57 and a widower. My wonderful wife of 23years just passed away last Sunday night. I'm sort of lost right now but I'll be ok, just need something to occupy my time right now and I thought working on my van would be perfect since me and the pups are planning on living in it. I guess that's about all I have right now, thanks.

It's hard to know what to say in the face of bereavement, especially to a stranger, there is little I can say that you don't already know.

It's good to allow yourself to grieve, for as long as it takes. It's also good to find a project that asks that you look forward.

What kind of van do you have, and what kind of travel do you think you want to do in it?

Welcome To the forum Glenn. What kind of van do you have? Where are you from and where do you plan to go once you have it ready?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the group, there are a great bunch of people here.. Sorry about your loss.. I am sure you will find your path, and your wonderful wife will watch over you every step of the way

Welcome to the forum, I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. You’re right having a project like a van build can be very therapeutic. I don’t have a similar experience my wife walked out of her own accord. But I learned from an aunt who was widowed rather young. She immediately sold the house moved to a condo where she thought she wouldn’t be bothered by the memories of my uncle. She wasn’t in the condo more than a month till she just said “why did I sell that house it means so much to me.” She lived more than 20 years after my uncle died and always regretted selling the house. The point I’m trying to make is it’s not time for you to make any hasty decisions. Take your time talk it over with friends or family, pray about it, remember some steps you take in life you can’t step back from. I would never discourage anybody from living the nomadic lifestyle. I love it. You’re just in a vulnerable state now so watch where you step. Distract yourself with that van build and try to enjoy it. God bless you.

Welcome, Tank:

Baby steps, Brother, baby steps. Use this time as a learning curve and to tweak your set up. Overnight trips, close to home will be helpful ...rather like training wheels while learning to ride a bike. Half the fun is in the planning, so get out the atlas, watch Bob's videos and check out everyone else's set up on the internet. Best wishes and happy trails.

Welcome Tank to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Highdesertranger

Salutations to all. New to the group. Name is Manny Spook and navigator is a female Miniature Pinscher, named “Nikita”.  I’ve been a full time vandwelling Nomad. I own a 2002 Ford E150 ClubWagon XLT 4.6L V8, named her “SpyAv8or”.  I’m a 100% Disabled Army Intelligence Veteran. Retired California Licensed Private Investigator and Pilot, hence the name “SpyAv8or”.  Looking forward to meeting everyone at the next RTR and other group meetings and outings.   :cool: :thumbsup: