Newbie Intro

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WindChaser

Reaction score
I had quit my job a year ago after suffering extreme stress and chest pains, everybody died young in my family, so I didn't want to miss out on any precious years I had left. My son was selling his house at the time and I stepped in to be the "realtor" to show their property for fsbo. It sold in one day, market was extremely well for sellers that I decided I should sell my condo, next year was election year and who knows what can happen. When I quit my job I told my co-workers I think I might move to Florida, they took it as that I am for sure, and said, we'll miss you. My condo sold in one day and fast forward to one year later, I am in Florida and still haven't found a job. I am an interior designer and didn't think it would be this hard. Now with Covid, it is worse. I applied for anything on Indeed.com and didn't hear anything back, but not sure I wanted to, since most of those jobs I wouldn't be able to pay my lot rent. I would like to sell my manufactured home and buy a van to travel, which I would not be able to do if I continue living the way I am living. I moved into a 55+ community and feel like I am in a Communist country. I am not happy. What made me happy was the road trip down here from Wisconsin. My grandparents both came from Germany and met here; I told my mom I got the travel bug from them. Oh, and when I was married (husband passed away 14 yrs ago), his job had us move every 9 months, which I loved, and he hated.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Latest posts