Newbie Intro

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GerryO

Reaction score
Hi, glad to have joined this forum, it seems like a lot of interesting/adventurous people on here.    We have an A-Frame popup trailer and will eventually try to make it full time on the road, but not for a few years yet.  I will be out by myself in Jan for a month and plan on going to the RTR in Quartzsite.  Hope to meet a lot of people and attend the seminars and learn from the experts.

Gerry & Cristina

Welcome GerryO to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. you will learn a lot at RTR and meet some great people. I will be in the low rent district in an old Chevy truck come by and say hi. highdesertranger

Thanks HDR, I have a question: Where do people empty their port pottys while boon docking at Quartzsite. Seems like I will have about to empty every 3 days. Is there a free dump station?

no free dump station that I know of. I know you can dump it at the "RV Pit Stop". there a probably other dump stations IDK. this is why a lot of people use the bucket method. highdesertranger

Yeh, but where do they empty the bucket? I just have a porta potty, so the cassette can be emptied into a toilet, don't really need a dump station as such.

Line the potty with a bag. Save 'em in a bucket or a bigger bag . When you go to town..............
Oh yeah , pee in a jug / detergent bottle / etc. When You go to town................

does anybody have a link to the bucket method. I can't seem to find it at the moment. highdesertranger