New

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free2bMe

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently waiting for my place to sell. I have been lurking on your site for several months. Single, 60+, woman with dreams of ongoing adventure in my life! In my life part-time rv-camped : tent, pop-up camper, Lance camper, Class C, Scamp, now a '91 Conversion Van not quite converted! There are a few challenges right now but I say " never quit trying". Look forward to continue learning, exploring and meeting you on the road. Thank you for the awesome input on this site, it is priceless!![/font]

Free2bMe, Welcome, welcome!

I like your "never quit" attitude to making your life turn out the way you want it to.

As they say, "It's never too late to have a happy childhood." :)

'Looking forward to you posting about the details of your preparations and launch.

GP

Hiya Free2bMe

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your van!

(we like pictures around here!) :D

Patrick from Oregon

oh...you might like this....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lysuqhr9TlQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL! that can be and is the case @ times around here. But what's life without a little detour off the path once in awhile.

Belinda2 said:
Free2bme,
Welcome,-----to Fantasy Island!

Thank you for the warm welcomes..Just to let you know not a mechanic, but I try, my modifications are " simple" but "doable" hmm is that a word! LOL Lived in my Van 3 months in Huachuca City Az this past winter..It was awesome! Planning a trip/or will be full time late June (allowing the Universe to direct) to Utah, Montana and possibly the coast..Definitely will be back in Az by Oct. This is probably my third or fourth childhood..LOL..I love life, all of it! Have a great week make it count in whatever way that makes you smile with your heart!

"When feeling limited my imagination takes over!"

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great people and tons of information for people wanting to learn.

Unity Gain

Forgive me if I am not using right area for a new post..( learning my way around forum)
I have a big to me ? I bought a four drawer plastic storage chest from Home Depot the sturdy type. I put it behind the driver's seat wedged sort of ( know you already know where I am going!) Yep made a right turn and the whole thing fell in a heap in middle of the floor! I had canned goods in bottom drawer so I went heavy at the bottom! I bought some budgies to try to keep it in place! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!..Sometimes the " bulb " is not bright enough!

L brackets to hold it to the wall.....drill 1/4 holes thru the side of each drawer and use dowel pegs to lock them or use an eye bolt at the top and bottom and drop a rod down durring travel......or take these ideas in your mind and modify them so you have something that works!!!

Good luck and welcome to the forum!!

Thanks for info Lucky Mike..will update results later as weather not cooperating this weekend!

You can also use a ratchet strap around the seat and then around the 4-drawer unit. Put it down where the back and the seat meet so it will slide under the gap. Works well. Then you will also need to use a bungy to keep the drawers from opening.
Bob