new

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathylynn58

Reaction score
Thank you for allowing me to join your forum so I can ask questions and learn from y'all!  Currently in central Texas and plan next spring to sell everything and hit the road living in my SUV. I have been following Bob's u-tube for quite awhile and am so inspired by all of his videos. Hope to one day get to meet up with the tribe!

Welcome Kathylynn to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Will you be outfitting your SUV over the winter?  You’ll find that is a good time to insulate.  Sounds like you will have an exciting time planning and maybe even doing a shakedown cruise to find how well your plans fit with reality.

tamewolf said:
Will you be outfitting your SUV over the winter?  You’ll find that is a good time to insulate.  Sounds like you will have an exciting time planning and maybe even doing a shakedown cruise to find how well your plans fit with reality.
I will be towing my vintage truck camper that I have been working on since last Feb on a trailer with an outdoor kitchen.  I believe it is an old beaver manufactured in oregon. My suv will be my primary vehicle to drive around getting groceries, etc. and my tc will be my primary home. I have already insulated, luaned, trimmed and painted. I am in the process of gathering money for solar which I will do myself along with my electrical skills. I am a female disabled vet with quite a bit of knowledge in mechanical, electrical and carpentry. I also camped quite a bit during my career in the military as a 52D20 Power generation equipment jockette on 60kw generators. Anything smaller is kinda cake. I know how to bathe out of my steel pot, shit in catholes, cook on the hood of a 5 ton with my c-rations. and I hope to share helpful hints on hygiene as I was the only woman in my unit post Vietnam. My main function this late in life is to empower women but I guarantee I can and will hang out with the good ol boys. I am so looking forward to meeting up with folks with whom I can relate to and learn from and hope to be able to share what knowledge I have. Oh, and I have all my own tools! I thank you so much for asking and hope you can keep me on my toes reminding me of things I need to ready. I want to do my maiden voyage suv only to feel the vibes...