New To Forum

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadtripsAndCampfires

Reaction score
Hi all, looking forward to getting to know and talk to you here.  I am new to the forum but have read Bob's posts for many years and recently have been subbing to his YouTube channel.  When folks ask questions I often post a link to a video in which Bob has already answered that LOL.  I've also been following a few others out there.

So, about me.  RoadtripsAndCampfires is our website, that would be me, Christine and hubby, Wayne.  He's still working so I'm the one on the PC, etc. most of the time.  There is more info about us at the website but I'll say a little here.

We are long-time campers and have been planning on taking off for a full-time adventure when Wayne retires (he wants to work as long as possible to increase that SS monthly $).  Originally we planned to do it for one year but our list of places to travel to has doubled in the planning stage so now we are saying 2 years.  We are not planning past that as we will see when that time comes.  

We bought a 1989 Dodge 350 Class B high-top camper van years ago and have been restoring it.  The plan was to travel in that after living in Colorado and experiencing winter snow we decided we want a 4x4 and bought a truck and plan to get a trailer soon. The Dodge is and has been "my" everyday vehicle and I have refused to get rid of Jelly Bean until I finish some things I started.  As I get closer and closer to getting her done I am getting sadder and sadder.  This is the 2nd Class B we've owned (I had one when Wayne met me and that was my everyday car also) and I think they will always be my favorite "car."  Yesterday I finished the new front curtains and I hope to have the cab carpet and new doghouse cover installed yesterday LOL.  Sigh - it's hot and hard to work outside these days.

Our initial plan is, after we visit family in TX, to start at the tip of CA and travel to the tip of Oregon.  From there depends on the time of year and weather.  We won't know that until we know when take off day is.  In the meantime it is downsize-downsize-downsize.  I did a short blog on that.

We are the kind of RV folks that like to bring the comforts of home for the out of doors so we are looking for a short dual axle trailer (more CCC).  I want a short one I can sprinkle water on when I get there and it expands like a wet sponge - but who doesn't?  

Glad I found the forum.

Welcome Christine and Wayne! Sounds like a great plan! Would love to see pics of the "B"!

Welcome Road Trip to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

AbuelaLoca said:
Welcome Christine and Wayne! Sounds like a great plan! Would love to see pics of the "B"!

I'm slowly starting to get pixs done but have been concentrating on re-learning* to do webpages, finish the doghouse, curtains and carpet in the Class B and ignore the paper piles that need to be dealt with (yes, it takes time to stare at the piles of paper and say not today!)

I'll try to upload one pix in this post.  It shows the screen door I made for the Class B out of a Magic Mesh screen door to which I sewed Aluminet (cloth version of those aluminum type shades) to keep the sun out.  

Note:  I tried to upload as an attachment but it didn't work.  I have some photos on the website https://www.RoadTripsAndCampfires.com  
(Sorry, first day on this forum and don't have all the bugs worked out).

* See blog on post stroke memory loss

Attachments

• RemodeledVan.JPG
    RemodeledVan.JPG
    185.5 KB
Yes, I did a LOT. First it was because we were going to keep her and then it was because I wanted to finishl what I started. I love the colors but it is strange, sometimes in bright sun she looks white and then later she changes to a pretty light sage green. Maybe next week I'll get that last of the carpet in and take some photos of the inside. I feel like a little girl about to give up my favorite stuffed animal. She isn't all done inside, though. I am not going to do the reupholster inside I figure someone else might come along and take the dinette out and put something custom there. I did, however, take out the ugly framing boards along the bottom which had old brown SHAG carpet all around it. Not only was it ugly, I had to open and close the seats to get to the storage instead of slide things under from the side.

Yesterday I looked for the video I took and couldn't find it on my pc. I am not sure if it is lost or if I accidentally deleted it thinking I was deleting something else. I think I have a long way to go before I become a good YouTuber LOL.

Christine

Latest posts