New to CRVL

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypsynurse

Reaction score
Hey all,​
Gypsynurse Cathy here from Greenville S.C.  Just bought a 1987 Toyota Mini Cruiser. It is at my mechanic's shop getting a very needed tune up and good going over! I need to be out of my apt. November 17th so will move in and start traveling with my daughter, Christal who is 41. I am a retired RN of 25 years on disability for fracturing L4-5. I also have diabetes but hear this life is still doable regardless. My reason is simple...I can't afford $1200 per month rent on my income. I am going to go south first toward Florida then slowly make my way towards Arizona for RTR. Hope to see some fellow you tubers there! I do have a you tube channel: gypsynurse Cathy​

Hiya Cathy. You got a good plan there! I'll look for your channel. Welcome!

Hey there, Cathy-

Welcome and sorry to hear about your injury :-(
But glad to hear you have a plan and a leave-by date and a loved one to be with you.
That all sounds pretty perfect to me....

Let us know where your travels take you!
Ciao for now...

Hi Gypsynurse, just saying hi, and looking at the similarities we have getting ready to each start a new journey (May/jun 2018) fir me. 33 years in the military (British and Canadian) last 20 I was a Military Medical Technician & civilian EMT. Medical released with L4-5, slipped disks, pinched nerves, bum L shoulder & bum L knee, right one is compensated since 2005 ish.  Diabetes since 170614, but I don’t get all worked up about my injuries, just get out and move forward.  I’m thinking of RTR as well but not sure what the mountains and roads will be like in January for Western Canada to Arizona.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Gypsynurse! Hope all goes well with the move to your new home! Please feel free to ask questions if you have any.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

shrek1954 said:
Hi Gypsynurse, just saying hi, and looking at the similarities we have getting ready to each start a new journey (May/jun 2018) fir me. 33 years in the military (British and Canadian) last 20 I was a Military Medical Technician & civilian EMT. Medical released with L4-5, slipped disks, pinched nerves, bum L shoulder & bum L knee, right one is compensated since 2005 ish.  Diabetes since 170614, but I don’t get all worked up about my injuries, just get out and move forward.  I’m thinking of RTR as well but not sure what the mountains and roads will be like in January for Western Canada to Arizona.
Hey shrek1954
Looks like the same birth year too!
I was born in May of 1954 @ Fort Leonardwood, Missouri. Army brat with a roving gypsy ❤.
Thanks for the Welcome

Gypsynurse Cathy