New Members - Full-timing in a Casita

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Team Krandy

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Andy and my wife's name is Kristen. We're a team of two people, Kristen and Andy, hence we call ourselves Team Krandy. We've been full-timing in our 17' Casita travel trailer for a year now as we travel around the country living a nomadic lifestyle and loving it! We're excited to meet other like-minded individuals like us who are free-spirited minimalists. We prefer to enjoy every minute of our liberating lifestyle without creating a burden of blogging/vlogging for additional income, although we do have a Facebook blog so that family and friends can follow our journeys and adventures. You can find us on Facebook by searching "Team Krandy - Life on the Road".

Welcome to the CRVL forums Team Krandy! Looks like you're enjoying everything about your nomadic life. Hope you can make it to the RTR in January!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome Team Krandy to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger
Ha Ha Team Krandy you gottwo official welcomes.

Hi, I'm thinking about getting a 17 ' freedom,  just wondering if you would share your thoughts, iinsight, pros/cons of fulltime in a casita. Also getting off the main roads in a casita, any problems? I'm wanting to stay away from cities as much as I  want to , living a minimalist lifestyle on about $1000 per Mo.

Welcome Team Krandy.. That's a bunch of truck for that Casita... Nice!

jimindenver said:
Welcome to the forum!

I don't full time in my 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe, and in fact, very sadly, I'm thinking of selling it. However, I can say that it is super easy to tow and great to "live" in, though three weeks is my record for camping. It keeps me warm in the cold, cool in the heat, and dry in torrential rains. I bought it used with a few modifications (nice floors and countertops, plus shelves in the big front closet) and the only thing I've done is weld an expansion metal support for the bed so I could ditch the weight of the table and the post that obstructs the under bed storage. I definitely think it would be livable. Good luck!