Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steffykaye

Reaction score
Hi all!
My husband and I are new to this forum, but have been considering the mobile lifestyle for a while. We have looked at everything from RV's to tents and have even looked into converting a box truck. Today, we finally settled on and bought a van. Our journey into van dwelling has begun. Would like to be able to post pictures of our progress and get advice on things that we need to do.
Thanks for being here for those of us who long for a simpler life!
Stephanie and Judah Spears

Welcome to the CRVL forums Stephanie and Judah! We love photos and following along on builds so please start a thread in the Conversions and Modifications section when you begin the work on your van! :)

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hello and welcome. What van did you buy? There are quite a few of us "newbies" acquiring and building vans right now. It'll be interesting to see what you do with yours. Also, there are a few of us going to our very first RTR this upcoming January down in AZ. any plans to make the trip?

Welcome aboard Stephanie and Judah !
You'll find all the help you need with the van build and more right here. Just ask.

stephspears1 said:
Hi all!
My husband and I are new to this forum, but have been considering the mobile lifestyle for a while. We have looked at everything from RV's to tents and have even looked into converting a box truck. Today, we finally settled on and bought a van. Our journey into van dwelling has begun. Would like to be able to post pictures of our progress and get advice on things that we need to do.
Thanks for being here for those of us who long for a simpler life!
Stephanie and Judah Spears

Rockstars!  You have made the best decision of your lives IMO!  Enjoy.  You are in the right place for advice and support.  Trust me ; )

Godspeed,

Matt

Welcome to the CRVL Forum   :) 

You can do your basic conversion of your Van and begin some "shake-down" travel ventures to
see how you'd like to refine your design.  Just going out on the long week ends to hit some sites and do
some camping will help you become seasoned "Cheap RV'ers" LOL

You are welcome to look at my 2 sites below on converting a Van for basic starting out camping  and travel
and the "Swiss Army Knife" site of helpful information for planning trips, locating camp grounds,  finding the
best prices on fuel, repairs of the vehicle,  and other resources while on he road....you'll find it so handy.

All the best !

Thanks for the wonderful welcome! We have purchased a Ford E-150 passenger van with a Triton V-8 engine. Judah was a truck driver for 14 years and for the past 2 years I have traveled with him. So, to be honest, the van is already more space for us.