New Member Introduction

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twotwinpeaks

Reaction score
At 72 I've finally retired and have decided to try the mobile life style for maybe 5 years or until I become a danger on the rode or expire unexpectedly.

From San Diego, I bought an Escape 21 fiberglass trailer and a 2014 F150 to tow with. 

I'm on a slow slow 3 month trip to Pahrump NV to establish residency.

Have followed Bob and others on Youtube and plan to attend the RTR.

Currently I'm off the American Girl Mine road if any one wants to visit.

Prior to the Escape I boon docked a fair amount out of the back of Cherokee's and had a teardrop for several years. So the 21 footer seems like a palace :D

Welcome ttp to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome aboard twotwinpeaks !
And your palace too............
Any pics to post ?

[ATTACH=full said:
18142[/ATTACH] rvpopeye pid='357666' dateline='1513528177']Welcome aboard twotwinpeaks !
And your palace too............
Any pics to post ?

Here is pic from the South Carizo Creek in the Anzo-Borrego desert:

Attachments

• 20171110_1st_boon_site_at_trees.jpg
    20171110_1st_boon_site_at_trees.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
OOOOOOO all fiberglass shell ! sweet..
What are the antennas for?

rvpopeye said:
OOOOOOO all fiberglass shell ! sweet..
What are the antennas for?
As another user "tx2sturgis" figured out the pole is painters/window washer expandable pole with a trucker cellular antenna that feeds weBoost 4g-x applifier. I also mount a SirusXM antenna.

I'm still finding out quite a bit regarding this type of amplifier. Sometime, especially if the signal if really week, it boost both signal and performance. But other time the signal is boosted but performance actually degrades. 

But here at the American Girl Mine road all services are strong .. but I'm still using the pole for the SirusXM antenna.