New Kids Meet and Greet?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian you are a funny man! It might not be a bad idea to have the funny man leading the wagon train!!!!

Dr Jean
When you say I think I will try again, does that mean you did or did not go last year?  What number will you be wearing on your badge?  Mine will of course be a big fat zero, but I guess if I make it through this one and the year to come then in 2019  I can wear a number 1!  When you go are you planning on traveling after that or is this just a feeler kind of trip for you?  I don't know about everyone else who has responded to this thread but I really think it would be fun to meet up in the area somewhere ahead of time, even if just for a day or two to get to know each other and see if we can laugh enough to hang out together during the RTR!

Hey, I'm a FNG and getting my van together now. I would love to go to my first RTR in Jan 2018, and join a tribe along the way. I will probably be leaving from eastern NC and would love to tag along with others. I am a old fat white guy with a puppy. SGWM if that matters. If it does, then we shouldn't travel together anyway. Hopefully my van will be road tested by October and I will be ready to roll pulling my trailer with my trike in it. Anyone that would like to join me or let me join them, Please PM me.

Hey! :idea:   I have a permanent spot in Salome, AZ which is about 35 miles from Q. If anyone wants to gather there before the RTR I think we can find a place to park you for a while.  :)

Silver Fox said:
Hey! :idea:   I have a permanent spot in Salome, AZ which is about 35 miles from Q. If anyone wants to gather there before the RTR I think we can find a place to park you for a while.  :)

Wow!  What a generous offer-  I may just take you up on that!  We should keep in touch here or privately and get to know each other a bit.  I am hoping I have about 2-3 others that may be traveling together if everything works out for all of us.  Even if you don't have room for all of us  it would be great to stop by and get to know each other!

Silver Fox said:

What are the temperatures there this time of year? I've been hanging out in Flagstaff for about a month really enjoying it. There sure is a lot of rain here. Planning to go down closer to Ehrenberg as soon as the temperature is allow.

I am in WA for the summer but friends in Salome tell me it is HOT...like in the 100s.  I will return there in Oct. and boondock on my lot.
Can park maybe 3 vans and a few more on my neighbor's lot. We can work it out.

Hello Mary B.!,
I've been doing this for quite awhile as you can read from my specific bio. if you click on my name. Welcome!
Belinda2
Maryland

Late to this thread but I too am looking to meet people. My name is Mary Ellen, and I just spent the summer in the Adirondack mountains on my maiden voyage with my converted mini-van, a 2005 Chevy Uplander. I'm very familiar with East Coast camping, and totally clueless about Arizona. I'm starting my adventure to get out to the Quartzsite area by the end of Sept, I want to beat the cold weather here in the Northeast but also don't want to cook in AZ! Going to take my time going cross country. Hopefully will have found a friend or two to meet up with out there!

In my sticks and bricks til the end of the year, then hitting the road. Looking forward to meeting you all at RTR.

Latest posts