New Kid In Town

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wanderlust1991

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Andrew!

I was recommended to this site from a friend. I'm eager to get to know others who travel!

I'm 27, debt free and reside in Le Claire, Iowa. I've traveled here and there. Two years ago my cousin and I spent two weeks in the Idaho mountains backpacking!

In October 2017 I bought a 1996 Dodge Ram Van 2500 for 1,000 scooby snacks. 65,000 miles and virtually rust free. All original interior, almost looks new it was in that great of condition. I am converting it into a camper van. I am giving myself until winter of 2019 to finish. I am completely gutting the inside, rebuilding from scratch, rebuilding the motor, transmission, rear axle and a new paint job. I'm here to share my story, listen to yours and make some friends along the way! I attempted to attach a photo of the van but the file size is too large. I'll figure something out

Welcome Andrew to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome, Andrew! I'm stoked to hear that Scooby snacks are still considered a useful currency!

Wanderlust1991 said:
Hi everyone, I'm Andrew!

I was recommended to this site from a friend. I'm eager to get to know others who travel!

I'm 27, debt free and reside in Le Claire, Iowa. I've traveled here and there. Two years ago my cousin and I spent two weeks in the Idaho mountains backpacking!

In October 2017 I bought a 1996 Dodge Ram Van 2500 for 1,000 scooby snacks. 65,000 miles and virtually rust free. All original interior, almost looks new it was in that great of condition. I am converting it into a camper van. I am giving myself until winter of 2019 to finish. I am completely gutting the inside, rebuilding from scratch, rebuilding the motor, transmission, rear axle and a new paint job. I'm here to share my story, listen to yours and make some friends along the way! I attempted to attach a photo of the van but the file size is too large. I'll figure something out

Sounds like a better deal than mine. I just got a 1999 Dodge Ram B3500 15 passenger conversion with 93,000.  Defintely get up some photos and even make some videos for You Tube. I love to watch this stuff.