New Guy in a Ford Transit Connect

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dy38

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a 42 year old male and recently left my job in higher education at Washington, DC.  I am now I'm traveling full time in my ford transit connect for a month now. I've been boondocking  in BLM land, Walmart, Cracker Barrel, and national parks. So far I've traveled through, AK, TX, NM, AR, NV, UT, WY, and MT. I don't have a set route. I'm kinda winging it as I go along.  It's been quit an adjustment but I'm loving the experience thus far. Looking forward to meeting other vandwellers, specially those in a transit connect. Safe travels.

Best,

Donald

Attachments

• Falcon.JPG
    Falcon.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
Welcome aboard Donald !

Winging it is pretty standard operating procedure for many vandwellers and other full timers.
If you need to know anything just ask here !

Welcome Donald to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

tonyandkaren said:
Welcome Donald! We enjoyed visiting with you at the mini GTG for the eclipse in Idaho. Did you make it to Yellowstone?

Hi Karen,

I did make it to Yellowstone but did not camp within the park.  As you may already know the campsites fill up rather quickly.  Lesson learned.  I did get chance to see old faithful and do some fishing.  Did not catch anything but had an enjoyable time.  I'm heading to Glacier Park now. Will be camping at the St Mary's campsite. It should be fun.  Again thanks. 

Best,

Donald

Travelers Rest said:
Welcome Donald. Which mountain range is in pic attachment? It's a nice one.

Hi Travelers Rest,

Thank you for the welcoming.  I'm not sure which mountain range is in the background.  I was camping out at Rob Jaggers camping area in New Mexico. Sorry I couldn't more helpful.  Again thank you and safe travels. 

Best,

Donald

Welcome dy38! We're the same age, but I'm more of a road tripper than a dweller. I have far too much fun in my working life to leave it now.

Best of luck in your travels! Enjoy the road.

frater secessus said:
Welcome!  

I like your vent and panel mounts up top.  Do you have any pics that show the top, or the interior?

Yeah, show us how you set up the interior!   :)

I've got a 2010 Transit Connect, but like sephson, I'm more of a road trip type and not living in my tiny van. It's great for camping.