New Fulltimer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cranky Nomad

Reaction score
Hello folks -

I have now been living in my homemade camper for just over a month. I'm currently next to a beautiful creek near Saratoga Springs, NY, but I am hoping to finally begin moving southward this week. It's too damn cold to linger here any longer. 

I'm going to head towards to North Carolina to visit my daughter, then onward to Mississippi to visit a friend, Next, I'll aim west and eventually make my way to the RTR. 

I'm 46 and refer to myself as semi-retired/self employed.

gee, you don't sound all that cranky ta me?  :D  Welcome!  Sounds like a fabulous plan you have going! So many are heading out now
from the upper midwest or EAST. I'm still in MN.  yep, small inlets and ponds are freezing over.  :dodgy:

Welcome to the CRVL forums Cranky Nomad!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Cranky Nomad said:
Hello folks -

I have now been living in my homemade camper for just over a month. I'm currently next to a beautiful creek near Saratoga Springs, NY, but I am hoping to finally begin moving southward this week. It's too damn cold to linger here any longer. 

I'm going to head towards to North Carolina to visit my daughter, then onward to Mississippi to visit a friend, Next, I'll aim west and eventually make my way to the RTR. 

I'm 46 and refer to myself as semi-retired/self employed.

Yup don’t sound to cranky to me. I am not far from you and this cold is crazy. I am heading out next week to North Carolina then to the rtr for me also. The cold can make us feel like we are cranky at times. Time to get away from it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk