New Freedom Seeker

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings, hope you're all doing well. I'm grateful for Bob and everyone who offers their knowledge, skills and friendship through the nomad community. This Midwestern gal has traveled cross-country, short-term, with a K9 or 2 many times in 50-some years on the planet. Currently limited by work, but retirement is a mere 1.6 yrs away. Thankfully time seems to pass rather quickly these days. I enjoy a minimalist lifestyle and recently became debt-free. This, and my retirement benefits, will provide the freedom I long for. I look forward to serving this community. GG

Hello and welcome.

1.6 years and early 50's doesn't sound too bad really. I'm currently 48 and on track to retire at 55, though if I get angry or frustrated enough it could be sooner.

Do you have a rig chosen yet? Van? Car? RV?

Cheers.

Welcome AccidentalOverlander to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

LOL; you have me beat accidental Overlander. I just said screw it and quit. Maybe this is my midlife crisis? I don't know but I've never felt as happy as I had the last 3 weeks. Just a couple more things to do to get the van ready for full-time and I'm gone

The rig will be a hand-me-down 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan with low miles. I've gotten rid of the majority of my belongings and acquired the bare necessities to launch this new journey. I'm leaving the door cracked open to go next year if TSHTF in Nov and the lawlessness is not brought under control in my current location. Trying to stay positive, stay safe, and exercise patience. All 3 are a challenge at the moment.

I get that.  I plan to vote early and then get the heck out of Dodge and be away from all big cities before the election.

I've been pondering the same thing as far as what to do this fall. Original plan was to go to New Mexico and Arizona for Oct/Nov/Dec. But I haven't decided yet whether I'm going. My home base is in Wyoming, and staying in Wyoming may be a good choice (other than the weather of course).

Back to the thread topic, a Grand Caravan sounds like a totally decent choice.