New Comer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyBravo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been watching Bob Wells videos for 3 years now and I got the I the fever for freedom,
my self and the wife purchased a 38-foot pusher and wanted to start our living adventures, but due to me having shoulder and knee replacement we had to put things on hold, so we have decided to try again and head out, this time it would be in a hightop van, its cheaper to maintain and we can fit in many spots, anyway hope to learn from yall and hope to see some of you soon.

Happy Trails  :)

Welcome to the Cheap RV Forums   :)

Better luck this time and with those surgeries done you may actually be able to enjoy yourself more now.

Welcome - jump on in we love to hear about and see new builds. What part of the world are you in?

Welcome Johnny to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

JohnnyBravo - I am in Central PA but as of May 1 I will be based in East KY. Maybe we can connect somewhere - I am basically a loner but looking for people who might give me leads to sites that might be good for caravans to camp. Do you know any sites in KY where a group can camp together close enough to stores to be accessible but not next door? It looks like land between the lakes will be a great place to caravan but we will need other places within a 1/2 day travel when it comes time to move.

People tell me Shawnee National Forest (deep southern Ill- across the river from Paducah Ky and on to the West) has lots of dispersed site locations, but I am going on hearsay. I have just looked around a couple times on the Western side closer to Missouri (Trail of Tears State Forest).

Welcome Johnny. We are based out of Beaver Dam, KY. Where are you?

Nature lover you can camp at my house when we are around. Sucks mid summer!!

Cammalu - thanks for the offer - I will seriously consider it. This virus thing sure is making planing travel hard. One good thing if I comes to staying in place - I will have to eat the stuff in my cupboard that I do not really care for - get rid of stuff before I hit the road and maybe lose some weight. Since I got out of the nursing facility in August I have gained 20 lbs. I am in a
very small apartment and especially in winter there is no where to walk safely here. I use a walker or sometimes 2 canes. I am really hoping that life on the road full time will bring more exercise and less emotional eating.

nature lover said:
JohnnyBravo  -  I am in Central PA but as of May 1 I will be based in East KY.  Maybe we can connect somewhere - I am basically a loner but looking for people who might give me leads to sites that might be good for caravans to camp.  Do you know any sites in KY where a group can camp together close enough to stores to be accessible but not next door?  It looks like land between the lakes will be a great place to caravan but we will need other places within a 1/2 day travel when it comes time to move.
  Hey nature lover.  I will do some research but there is a dispersed camp ground about 10 miles from Morehead , Ky close to the big lake there About 15 to 20 sites if I remember correctly. Boat ramp is a quarter mile away and it's right on lake.  HoboJoe

Nature lover you’ll be right at home with me. Unfortunately I gained weight as I hit the road. I’d be really happy if all I had to worry about was 20 lbs!!

I use a walker and can’t be up long due to injuries so use a UTV to putt around my property. I don’t have very much (maybe 13-14 acres) but I have a real nice camping spot down at my pond where I put friends when they come through.

d62e4552aca1f1e10609f4003a4d425f.jpg

It’s not a big pond (less than an acre) but I have a paddle boat to putt around in.

Cammalu - thanks for the invite, your pond looks lovely. I walk with a rolling walker if I am going distances otherwise two canes. This is for balance rather than strength. But as I have been sitting most of this winter my strength is going too. I am hoping to change that with more exercise this spring (arrives today - yea!!!) I have been overweight since the day I was born and left it really get bad. I was so happy with where I was last fall that gaining the 20 back was a downer - I still could lose at least 100. I come from a family that celebrates and commiserates with food. But I can't blame it on them. I am addicted to food. I could always hike and work in spite of the weight. Losing won't cure my brain injury but it would make it much easier to deal with. OH how wonderful is to get old. Back to the positive I will be on the road full time but May 1. I have terminated my lease at end of April so I will be full time in the van but how much traveling I do may be affected by all these virus rules. Hopefully things will be getting back to abnormal by then.

I don’t know when things will be back to normal. I keep hoping. As an asthmatic and old fart to boot my chances aren’t good if I get the virus. I’m really hoping the vaccines will be available soon.

Cammalu said:
I don’t know when things will be back to normal. I keep hoping. As an asthmatic and old fart to boot my chances aren’t good if I get the virus. I’m really hoping the vaccines will be available soon.
no vaccines for a while but I suspect when they are available that at risk seniors will get them first  to keep the cost of health care everywhere lower.

We are traveling and now are at the YARC Bar in Tulia, TX for a couple of days. It’s great to see Tx2sturgis again.

Latest posts