New "again" here ;)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G0ldengirl68

Reaction score
I had forgotten about becoming a member of the forum, in 2016, and ended up in an apartment for seniors over 62.  I've been here 5 years and have all I need, and quite a few extras, but not my dreams.  I used to travel a lot, just from job to job, throughout the U.S.  It was always easy to find my type of work through temp. agencies (admin. assistant, clerical). 

I love the outdoors, camping, hiking, kayaking, and have a wonderful roommate name Mimmie the Dog ;) She is 4, and some folks couldn't keep her so I reluctantly brought her home.  I had lost my dog years ago, she was 15 and I wasn't wanting the responsibility.  She is the best thing that's happened to me in a very, long time.  She's an easy-keeper.

I'm not at all sure full-timing is for me, but I am hoping to get in on some "meetups" to do some camping this Summer.  I know with Covid, we have to be careful so I don't even know if anyone is doing this with newcomers etc.  I have a lot to learn so I will just leave this intro as is, and take a look through the forum.  I found it by way of Youtube videos from Bill Wells (hope I got the name right).

Denise, True Northern California

Welcome G0ldengirl68 back to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome G0dengirl68  :heart:
You seem like a natural for this lifestyle !

Welcome! Come on down to Quartzsite this winter for a visit.

Gypsy108 said:
Welcome G0dengirl68  :heart:
You seem like a natural for this lifestyle !
The longest I camped on my own was a place called Butler Bar up Sixes River just above Port Orford, OR.  I was there 2 weeks.  I hauled water, searched for wood made one 46 mile RT into town for groceries.  I actually hooked up one of those portable showers.  Washed my clothes in the creek with "safe" soap, layed in the sun everyday, met a lot of nice people, mostly from close-by towns along 101.

Best camping trip of my life and I was all alone, except for camping neighbors which were no trouble.  I'm totally ignorant about camping where there aren't toilets, and atleast a water or lake nearby though ;)  I need my rig fixed up comfy though for sure.  It's been 6 years now since I "roughed" it ;) but I so want to try it out.  Thanks for the welcome Gypsy!!

Cammalu said:
Welcome!  Come on down to Quartzsite this winter for a visit.
Have friends that go there every year, and my brother went down to try it out 2 Summers ago.  He loved it!  

I atleast got to fly down to  Apache Junction in November and they couldn't keep me in the house. I was out walking every night for 2 weeks, gorgeous, just loved how the air felt.  Maybe I'll make it that far, we'll see how things go ;)  Thank you for the welcome ;)