New 5th wheel adventure

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k2p2ssk

Reaction score
Just joined the forum. Been watching on youtube for awhile and decided to downsize to a van...then a 5th wheel and a place to park it came into my life and I decided to go for it. I'm not mobile like I thought I'd be but then I have a ranch to take care of this winter so I suppose I don't have to be mobile this year while I learn about this lifestyle. Which includes learning how to winterize this thing so the expected 12ft of snow doesn't hurt me or the 5th wheel. Lots to learn.

Vicky

I live in Phoenix, AZ, so I am no expert on snow, but I did see a YouTube video of a tiny house owner that put hay bales around the base to keep the snow and cold out from under their tiny house. I don't see why you couldn't do that with a fifth wheel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That’s a great idea, hay bales are plentiful on the ranch and it will help keep the goats from going under the 5th wheel. Plus in the spring I can compost them or use as mulch for the gardens. Thank you for the tip!!

Vicky

Welcome Vicky to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

the problem with hay bales is it is the perfect habitat for rodents. especially in winter under a nice warm RV. highdesertranger