New 100W Harbor Freight Solar Kit

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HDR,

I'm assuming that "G2G" is shorthand for "good to go."

As for the poster who said that the Horrible Fright panels are the only ones that would fit on that fiberglass egg trailer, Renogy's 100W panels come in several shapes/sizes. Perhaps one of those would fit.

can anyone tell me if the harbor freight older 45-watt panels are compatible with the newer 100-watt panels?

check the voltages, they need to be the same. unless you already have the panels I wouldn't use them, there are much better deals on much better panels out there. highdesertranger

GoChipGo said:
FWIW, the controller is advertised as 10a but it’s actually fused at 20a, so running 2-3 kits on one controller appears to fit within the real world amp threshold. I’m running two 100 kits one one controller - G2G. I chose this set because of the shade-friendly amorphous panels, been awesome. There’s a YT video of a guy who opened it up and showed that, open d up the two I have and same - 20a.

just a word of caution, the presence of a 20 amp fuse does not guarantee the controller can handle 20 amp output continuous. the 20 amp fuse is there to prevent melting and fire in case of over current. i wouldn't recommend exceeding the rating, unless you are willing to replace something if it fails