Never before wanted my phone in the shower...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krenov72

Reaction score
Hello all.
I was early evicted due to a house sale, and am staying on my bosses acreage in my old , needing a lot of work rv. It's basically a hard sided tent as I'm using it, so I made a bucket shower. The neighbors are a ways away, but I can be seen from a distance( this is relevant haha). So my shower enclosure, made from scraps from an old plywood rack I had is quite tall. The bucket sits above my head, and there is room for a bucket under the platform to catch the water. I used plastic orange safety poles/driveway markers as rails for my shower curtain holders. It's quite a clunky looking affair, but works very well. So the other day, I hung my towel on a cross member , and got inside , took off my shorts, flung them onto the dog kennel once I was safely inside the curtain, and showered. I stand in a plastic bin that I drilled a hole in to drain into a bucket.. after showering, I realized my towel had fallen onto the ground, two feet below my feet... my first thought was to laugh as I wished for my phone to get advice from this forum.. it was about 5 pm and I could hear the neighbors talking and kids playing... not a good time to roaming around naked... I did manage to get out and stay covered by the shower curtain.. in a very awkward way.. I now secure my towel much better haha

You could have used the phone to cover your stuff while you retrieved your towel. Lol

My family built a house ourselves out in the country, all the neighbors were like-minded back-to-the-land owner builders.

Many families worked out in the mud stark naked, young and old, in full sight of the public road and all the surrounding families.

My mum and dad also sunbathed fully naked, both in the back yard and at the lake we went to in the summer.

So it makes me a bit sad, that anyone would think twice about the above.

I live in the driveway of my neighbors place. My old place is just behind me and we have no neighbors but we are less than 20 feet from the road. When my old place got taken from me I squatted there for a few months. It was far enough back that no one could see me when I hosed off on the porch.We are surrounded by four bachelor farmers and apparently one if them had seen me showering a couple years back and it was the talk of the local coffee clutch. I moved back in April due to some bad circumstances. But for the first two weeks our little dirt road was filled with at least four cars a day. Apparently hoping to catch site of the crazy fat girl out taking a shower. Now things have calmed down but the "boys" still swing by once in awhile to see if they can catch me.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk