Nevada can have it's weather back

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary68

Reaction score
holy crap,high of 98 and 90 at 8pm,did some pretty good labor last week and was hoping to recoup over the weekend,forget that just trying to stay hydrated

Where are you that it was 90 degrees at 8:00??  

I'm in the same boat.  Worked a killer shift yesterday/Friday (17 hours) in 101 degree temps, and today I feel like crap.  
I kept myself hydrated and well fed that day, too!  :s

Not all of it was spent in the heat, but 17 hours is still 17 hours.

yeah-  This weather is hell.
New job entails working in a warehouse, with little/no climate control, and machines that generate heat.
Super fun.  When it was unseasonably 90 outside, it is 110 in the building.  I'm looking forward to the 100deg+ weather later this summer.  NOT

Yep, welcome to the southwest! When we lived in the Tucson area, I got up at 4:00 AM to walk the dog. The "dry" heat myth! In those dry heat states, it gets much hotter which should not be ignored in one's thought process.

GypsyDogs said:
When it was unseasonably 90 outside, it is 110 in the building.  I'm looking forward to the 100deg+ weather later this summer.  NOT

Sounds like my apartment.  When it's 100 degrees outside, it's 115 inside, and the AC struggles to keep it at a "cozy" 92 degrees.  :s
It's months like that my PG&E bill makes me cry.

BigT said:
Where are you that it was 90 degrees at 8:00??  

I'm in the same boat.  Worked a killer shift yesterday/Friday (17 hours) in 101 degree temps, and today I feel like crap.  

just s.w. of portland,or

even though i have 2 years of firewood split and stacked i couldnt pass on 3 full sized maples for $100,nothing like a chainsaw and maul to remind you that your not 25 any more

I'd normally be there in Oregon for the summer. I feel for my friends and relatives down there! Luckily I'm working in North Pole, Alaska for the next few months. Today, it's about 60 and drizzling. It has been mostly in the 60s and lower 70s for the last month. Loving the cooler weather!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

So can Cali, Its been 100 to 103'. I work outside in the sun with no shade. This is a just a teaser, just wait.  :dodgy:

looks like i will live,going to be only 90 tomorrow and back to normal mid/late week 65 and rain,6 bottles of gatorade and about a gallon of water and some multivitamins and i'm full conscious now saturday i wasnt,hindsight should of gone and got a couple iv's

I LIVE on the Oregon coast.

got up to 77* this weekend, and people were complaining on how hot it was!!

80 degrees here in Grand Teton NP yesterday, clear blue skies. A pleasant dry warmth.

Snow Gypsy said:
Yep, welcome to the southwest!  When we lived in the Tucson area, I got up at 4:00 AM to walk the dog.  The "dry" heat myth!  In those dry heat states, it gets much hotter which should not be ignored in one's thought process.

I spent 2 winters in Phoenix. The day I left (in February ) it was 90 at noon, by the time I stopped for the night in New Mexico it was 15.

Whenever someone brings up the 'dry heat' I remind them that an oven is too, but who wants to live in one.

I'm thinking about the year round people in Slab City - image 125 with no ac?

It does get easier after a while...
I grew up in cold country and I got used to it.
I thought 115* in the deserts was actually quite nice , especially when I thought about how cold it was back home !
Easier still to just change altitude with the seasons.
Places in the low deserts are great,,,,, in the winter time !
High deserts great in the summer !