Needing advice about RV.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mercy200 said:
Ok...checked oil...looks good. Rv is leaning towards the left so, that could be the problem.  The generator seems to be working ok. I  checked control panel and I don't need propane 3/4 full lights say. 

Going to plug backup to shore power now and get the heater going. It's cold here in central Iowa  lol.

Thank you all for your wonderful input.  

Hoping to see many of you at the RTR.

So is the generator "working" or not?  What generator do you have?  How many hours does the generator have on it as per the RV dashboard.  Also, after you prime the generator, does it flash any light sequence (which a light sequence will tell you what is wrong with the generator ... for an Onan anyway).

If the generator hasn't been started and run for a while, you could have an issue with the carburetor having some "gummed up" gas in it.  Also ... as you just purchased the RV, the oil may not have been changed for a while.  Ck the color of the oil ... and personally I would just change it.  Look on youtube for directions ... it's very simple (but not fun in cold weather).  Also ck the air filter.  The fuel filter may also need to be changed.

Ms Daisy said:
So is the generator "working" or not?  What generator do you have?  How many hours does the generator have on it as per the RV dashboard.  Also, after you prime the generator, does it flash any light sequence (which a light sequence will tell you what is wrong with the generator ... for an Onan anyway).

If the generator hasn't been started and run for a while, you could have an issue with the carburetor having some "gummed up" gas in it.  Also ... as you just purchased the RV, the oil may not have been changed for a while.  Ck the color of the oil ... and personally I would just change it.  Look on youtube for directions ... it's very simple (but not fun in cold weather).  Also ck the air filter.  The fuel filter may also need to be changed.
The generator does work,  and I let it run for about 10 minutes.  The gen oil looked good and clean. About 650 hours maybe a little more.

Wow,  so much to look for and do. 

Thanks for the advice,  I truly need all the information I can get.

Latest posts