• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need solar panels

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeFree79

Reaction score
I live in Arizona near Prescott trying to get my rig ready if you have panels for sell please message me. I'm buying my batteries new but I need panels and will look at anything else you have as well. I don't live in town I live in Poland jct outside of Mayer. Trying to get everything to go to the RTR.   Thank you

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1427050843545.jpg
    FB_IMG_1427050843545.jpg
    49 KB
I'm not selling, but what wattage are you looking for, what's your budget and other extra info like 12v\24v, stuff like that.

I am using 2 Renogy 100 watt panels in a portable'ish deployable setup. Loved my first Renogy panel, the second I bought a year later was not as "quality". The Eco-Worthy brand looks identical in specs, size to the Renogy at approx $20 cheaper.

Not very solar savy but I'm getting 2-4 6v batteries was thinking 300 to 400 watts of panels. My budget is in Flux so just trying to see what is out there for right now get a couple and go from there. My camper is almost done and that's the last thing I need to get set to be put in was thinking about panels on the roof as week as one or 2 I could move around in the sun maybe flexible ones.

Grape Solar
Some unbelievable deals at Home Depot right now!

180 watt panels for $185
100 watt panels for $90
FREE SHIPPING!

Entire solar kit (inverter, controller and 200 watts) for $400

Those home depot prices are excellent. Reviews are great too.

Itripper said:
Grape Solar
Some unbelievable deals at Home Depot right now!

180 watt panels for $185
100 watt panels for $90
FREE SHIPPING!

Entire solar kit (inverter, controller and 200 watts) for $400
I'll have to check it out thanks.

Before you buy—-

Make sure that you are building a system that will work well together and meet your needs. 

Don’t buy blind. Research each part.  Do your homework and be able to explain why it works with the other parts. 

Three main parts.  Battery.  Controller.  Panels. Two basic wires.  Positive and negative. Safety (fuses) in the right place. A way of getting the power produced to do what you want. (Outlet)

Then there are the details like fuse boxes, solinoids fans...

Have fun.

Phoenix Craigslist, example, $150 for 300 watts. html://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/eld/d/new-and-used-solar-panels/6404082996

Search solar panels in the for sale section of Craig's.
Lots there, new and used at good prices.

Northern AZ Wind and Solar is in Flagstaff-
They might have returns, take-offs, demos or used.

They're right about looking in local want ads- craigslist.

I've been looking, found some was just about to get a couple then truck broke down money gone. Tranny issues ugh. Oh well. Thanks for the help gonna keep looking and saving. Won't be long just might not make the RTR :^(

If this is a threadjack, I apologize and the mod should feel free to move it where s/he deems appropriate.

Would these  solar panels be something I could stick in my windshield while parked to charge something like this? Honestly, this looks like it would provide all the electricity I "need". My fans use rechargeable batteries and I already have solar chargers for them.

Latest posts