Need Money? Bored? Lonely?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a look at the work & compensation offered. Most have a couple working 40 hrs a week (20 hrs each) to cover the site fee/hook ups. At regular hourly wages the couple is paying on average $1600.00 per month in work for a site. I did see a few where it was the first 10 hrs per person (20hrs wk) for site rent. Better at $800.00, still pricy for monthly rent for a spot?

One place wanted you to volunteer to do work as needed, including cleaning their house, in exchange for a site space.

I don't understand how this works out for the camp workers.

I just listed a website that I found, I didn't recommend it.

LadyJo said:
I don't understand how this works out for the camp workers.

Most of those who do this type of work don't bother or want to figure it out like you did. They like to stay busier than fully retired so 10 or 20 hours a week suits them just fine. They don't want to take a full-time job and are interested in supplementing their retirement income by  not having to pay for rent on a site. Doiing that makes the income they do have stretch a whole lot further. If they move around seasonally, they take the opportunity to explore a new area intensively as opposed to just passing through, several times a year.

Some people like to volunteer at regular RV parks because they like that type of lifestyle, others like to volunteer at places like wildlife refuges, national parks etc because they like THAT kind of lifestyle and/or giving a helping to places like that.

Basically, not everyone is in it strictly for the money.