My web project - rvportal.net

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousDog

Reaction score
http://rvportal.net/

This is a website I put together after gathering loads of links pertaining to RVing and the full time lifestyle. It's still a work in progress and I have ideas about expanding it to include more camping related stuff. All in good time. :shy:

Take a look and see what you think and I hope some of you might find it useful. I'd appreciate any feedback as well.

Mods, I believe this follows forum rules. Please let me know if it doesn't.

I enjoy websites with personal stories of RV life and tend to shy away from the ones that are primarily links leading elsewhere. But there are people who want those links.
Wishing you a successful venture with your new website :)

Link sites are awesome and useful. I bookmarked it... of course, some articles would give search engines something to index for you. I don't know how Google feels about link-only sites.

From the appearance, it looks like it was done professionally, very well laid out, and tidy. I like the pictures.

The idea for the site came about when my bookmarks became overloaded with saved websites about RVing. I thought I had some good sites saved and thought it could save somebody some time looking for info. It all grew from there.

I'm not a blogger and don't really have a lot to say but I like building websites. This was built from a template but customized by me.

Thanks for the feedback. You've given me some things to think about.

Thanks! That means your connection to the site is not encrypted but I'm not supplying or asking for any info like passwords and such. If I started asking for people to login and other personal information then an SSL certificate would be needed to encrypt the connection.

I think it's a good start, certainly, that many people starting out could find very helpful. I like that you offer to include site link recommendations. As i clean up my own bookmark chaos, i will certainly contact you with some recommendations, as a diy'er who rebuilt our own travel trailer, just began fulltiming last October.
As a side note, and not to be a p.i.t.a., correcting spelling or grammatical errors might be helpful [emoji6].

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

That's was a lot of the reason for doing the site. People starting out and not knowing where to look to find info on the various RV topics. My site is intended to be a jumping off point into more detailed info.

Send me what you have. I'd be glad to add them to the site.

And as for the spelling and typos...it's an ongoing thing finding and fixing them. I'm the world's worst speller but I try.

AnonymousDog said:
Thanks! That means your connection to the site is not encrypted but I'm not supplying or asking for any info like passwords and such. If I started asking for people to login and other personal information then an SSL certificate would be needed to encrypt the connection.

Hey there, a lot of people won't go to a non-SSL site these days, mainly because some browsers make a super big deal out of it and they don't understand why it's not always necessary. Just wanted to point out you can get free SSL from Let's Encrypt and a few other places, which would open you up to some more visitors.

Thanks or the tip! I didn't know you could get them for free. I'll certainly look into it.

Latest posts