My way of making money(hopefully)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

She

Reaction score
My friend Randy has his own&nbsp;business of selling baby alpaca hats. Wonderful soft&nbsp;luxurious yarn. He invited me in. 50 / 50 profit. I love to crochet but haven't the time now to sell it. Besides that I'm lazy LOL. The site below is just one way he sells. I haven't figure how I'm going to sell them but its mostly online. Oh and I get to make my own designs....cool.<div><br></div><div>&nbsp;<div>&nbsp;<a href="http://www.bonanza.com/listings/100-Genuine-BABY-Alpaca-Watch-Cap-Ivory-White/42057614" target="_blank">http://www.bonanza.com/listings/100-Genuine-BABY-Alpaca-Watch-Cap-Ivory-White/42057614</a></div></div>

Start making them now if you have the time, then worry about marketing later.&nbsp; This image was pulled of etsy.com<BR><B><FONT size=3>Dragonfly</FONT></B><BR>

Yeah one step at a time. I have some ideas already. He sells mostly for the male side. although they are unisex. I plan to sell mostly for the female side.

dragonflyinthesky said:
Start making them now if you have the time, then worry about marketing later.&nbsp; This image was pulled of etsy.com<br><b><font size="3">Dragonfly</font></b><br>
<div><br></div><div>Aaww so cute. Too bad my camera is giving me&nbsp;problems.</div>

<P>Are you going to do just baby hats? (I hope not!) </P>

Good luck with the business!

I ididn't know baby alpacas needed hats, though...

cyndi said:
<p>Are you going to do just baby hats? (I hope not!) </p>
<div>&nbsp;Of course not. Maybe I'm not explaining it right(wouldn't be the 1st time) They are made from the fur of baby alpacas. No baby alpacas harmed in the process. I'm going to do women ,and babies.&nbsp;Randy's&nbsp;doing the&nbsp;men&nbsp;stuff. I will do unisex though.&nbsp;</div>

They sell up here in the Durham Region like crazy. Also Alpaca socks and underwear etc.<div><br></div><div>Send a message to twokniveskate, she makes hats as well and might a good supplier of Alpaca wool for her hats that she makes as well.</div>

She said:
cyndi said:
<P>Are you going to do just baby hats? (I hope not!) </P>
<DIV>&nbsp;Of course not. Maybe I'm not explaining it right(wouldn't be the 1st time) They are made from the fur of baby alpacas. No baby alpacas harmed in the process. I'm going to do women ,and babies.&nbsp;Randy's&nbsp;doing the&nbsp;men&nbsp;stuff. I will do unisex though.&nbsp;</DIV><P>
I think we were just joking with you She, and Cindy, like me would love to see other things. I am a real decent artist and sculptress&nbsp;but I have had people try to teach me to crochet and it just wont go into my head. I am amazed at watching people turn something usable from a long piece of yarn.<FONT color=#ff00ff><b>Dragonfly</b></FONT></P>

Joking OK I wasn't to sure. LOL Every time I make a hat or something I'm always amazed I made it from that&nbsp;piece&nbsp;of yarn. But I love it!!

<P>
She said:
Joking OK I wasn't to sure. LOL Every time I make a hat or something I'm always amazed I made it from that&nbsp;piece&nbsp;of yarn. But I love it!!
@<FONT color=#0000ff> wilderness return&nbsp; <SPAN id=post_message_1270884631>They sell up here in the Durham Region like crazy. Also Alpaca socks and underwear etc.</SPAN></FONT></P><SPAN><FONT color=#000000>I have seen socks, underwear?&nbsp; Thats interesting.&nbsp; I know I will seek that out on the internet.</FONT></SPAN><br><SPAN>@she&nbsp; Katie might try to show me how to crochet or knit&nbsp; if I make it to the RTR.</SPAN><br><SPAN><b><FONT color=#00ffff size=4>Dragonfly</FONT></b></SPAN><br>

Underwear as in Long Johns, and big thick warm socks, not for summer I would think

Underwear? Yeah long johns I can see but not undies. You can make underwear in&nbsp;<h3 class="r" style="font-size: medium; font-weight: normal; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">merino yarn. I see it a lot on the "net".</h3>

blkjak said:
<b><font size="1">she....</font></b><br><b><font size="1"></font></b>&nbsp;<br><b><font size="1">nice....</font></b><br><b><font size="1"></font></b>&nbsp;<br><b><font size="1">sounds like a good deal....</font></b><br><b><font size="1"></font></b>&nbsp;<br><b><font size="1">blk....</font></b><br>
<div><br></div><div>Thanks Blkjak.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

How well do scarves sell these days? Might be an option.