My Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VanFan said:
I admire your work, Sof.  Very nice!  Please let us know what you are thinking about changing as you go.
Thank you VF,
It is the little things you find that went wrong, like I couldn't plug my fridge because the plug wouldn't fit in the custom made wheeled base I made for the fridge - it was too tight, so at the last minute, I had to put planks of wood under the fridge ends, to lift it.
So that was the next thing I fixed, after I screwed D-rings everywhere to bungee the drawers.
IMG_20210705_224657242 (2).jpgIMG_20210705_225108628.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210705_224657242 (2).jpg
    IMG_20210705_224657242 (2).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210705_225108628.jpg
    IMG_20210705_225108628.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
I think a coloured van like this one is a lot more stealth in a city street thén a white van. It doesn’t make sense but for some reason I think they blend in better in a row of parked cars.

It wasn't a commercial van used for trades. It used to be the previous owner's wheelchair van.
I had the dealer take out the lift, it was over 500 pounds.

Sofisintown said:
I took a trip for several days in my van and I want to show you the final set up for now, as I will probably make some minor changes again.

in travel mode
Did you recess your cabinets into the ribs and build your interior walls around them or did you build the walls first and cut the cabinets to conform? Looks very nice.

No I attached 1x4s on the ribs, and then I secured the furniture on these planks.
Thank you.
IMG_20200721_112641.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200721_112641.jpg
    IMG_20200721_112641.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
Nice work. Looks like a comfy little home on wheels. I like your wavy edge on the doorway and the painted cabinets. Lots of creative as well as practical touches. :)

This is really neat Sofi, I especially love the idea of a Van, and one you can stand up in like this, because it's so easy to just move on into the drivers seat.

I stayed in an RV, I think they call them class A (the one I know best is the Class C) and it was easy to get up and just go if I wanted to. Yours looks like you are really getting things together, and will have all your needs and special touches ;) Denise

Beautiful colour van and really nice interior fit out, making it feel comfortable and homely, its a spacious and airy travel cabin with everything required for life support.

Sofisintown said:
2004 , Chevy Express 1500 AWD, about 56K miles. VERY pretty!
Just saw the peeps talking about your pretty Van Sofi, so I looked around as I hadn't seen it, wow, it is a gorgeous color for sure.  I like the way it shaped too :heart:

flying kurbmaster said:
I think a coloured van like this one is a lot more stealth in a city street thén a white van. It doesn’t make sense but for some reason I think they blend in better in a row of parked cars.

Yeah, I think a white van just screams either “kidnapper” or “vandweller.” Both of which are rather unsavory types.  :D