MY PLANS ON HOLD....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or you could get a small storage unit stealthily and stock up on those items you need. If you had to, you could escape using a cot and ice chest and get the better bed and fridge later. Worse case scenario, you could escape with just your current car and keep all but the bedding and ice chest in the storage unit til you get a van. Stay safe...do what you have to do. Sorry...I forgot you live where there is winter...so you have to wait til spring at least before trying any of the options above. Keep us posted.

Sorry I totally butchered that last post. What I meant was you could use those boxes as a fairly firm flat surface between the mattress and whatever you used underneath for storage. IE by not folding them up.

When I got the van, I just wanted to get out so went totally minimalist. It works for me, :). I don't have persian carpets on the wall, but do have a pretty blanket to cover up the metal walls. I spend my money on travels rather than putting stuff in the van, lol.

GypsyJan said:
Or you could get a small storage unit stealthily and stock up on those items you need. If you had to, you could escape using a cot and ice chest and get the better bed and fridge later. Worse case scenario, you could escape with just your current car and keep all but the bedding and ice chest in the storage unit til you get a van. Stay safe...do what you have to do. Sorry...I forgot you live where there is winter...so you have to wait til spring at least before trying any of the options above. Keep us posted.

yeah...i never thought of that (storage unit)...thank you for that...only it wold be another expense....i can hide my stuff in my closet at the house...as far as taking off in my current vehicle...i'm planning on self repossessing soon...can't afford the high payments...i'd rather be making payments on my van !!!!!   I'm just gonna have to come clean i think ....and let him know i am compelled to get a van, and that's the way it is....after all the shit he did behind my back....i deserve my freedom to do whatever i want & not have to sneak around like he did....i know if i was EXTREMELY DESPERATE i would leave right after i got paid and just throw a few things together...like you say....as far as my safety level is now i'm fine...he is not violent (physically), only VERY manipulative/controlling/verbally abusive occasionally (that's what freaks me out the most).  If he was physically abusive i wouldn't have stayed one minute......anyways....it's a long story (30 years long)...Yeah i'm thinking when it warms up i'll be ready to go....maybe fall for sure...i'm hoping...

Qxxx said:
Sorry I totally butchered that last post. What I meant was you could use those boxes as a fairly firm flat surface between the mattress and whatever you used underneath for storage. IE by not folding them up.

When I got the van, I just wanted to get out so went totally minimalist. It works for me, :). I don't have persian carpets on the wall, but do have a pretty blanket to cover up the metal walls. I spend my money on travels rather than putting stuff in the van, lol.

That's ok  ...haha...yeah the flattened boxes would work until you got plywood...i do have a few nice suitcases i thought would be good for storage...i don't have persian carpets (just cheap factory synthetic ).   I do have 2 beautiful rugs from Nepal or Tibet (natural wool)...but they are not big enough to make a tent with...good for under mattress though....using blankets is also a good idea (especially when cold).   I would feel so cozy in a little tent inside my van....i even thought of getting one of those bed tents that zip up and fit around your bed....i don't care about traveling so much...it's important for me to have an atheistically pleasing environment to dwell inside....it's rough enough roughing it....it will be interesting after all this talking what i will actually end up doing....haha..BTW...nice blanket, is it wool ?

Yeah the blanket is 20 years old and wool. It sat there in the closet and was not used for years, but then along came the van. It does cover the entire left wall, so much prettier than white metal and wooden boards, didn't cost anything, and went in fast. It's like where they say a good coat of paint will cover up all sorts of horrors.

Is that your van Qxxx ?

Anyways.....just wanted to let you guys know what’s up lately....
I am becoming more comfortable thinking about
staying where I am now ( in a house)
I am so happy to have a TOLIET, shower, space, comfort, etc .
I am terrified of running out of money , gas , and all the potential problems and dangers that living in a van can have . I KNOW I WILL AGAIN WANT TO GET A VAN AND LEAVE ...but my chances are even slimmer now as my credit is going to the dogs and my income is very low...i know I go back and forth with this and change my mind like trying on clothes....I think the whole thing boils down to my finances...if I knew I could get a reliable van and had enough money to survive on , I wouldn’t be as cautious....it’s all about survival now, and my intuition is trying to protect me ...despite my monkey mind wanting to do this and that ....
I know when I am in a desperate situation everything will change again....right now I do not feel desperate....and I’m actually enjoying the peace and calm now ....

I’m just letting go of all my worries now...

I quit my job a few weeks ago and it feels so good to have this time to just relax and not be worrying about anything ....

When my ship comes in i think i will have the confidence to leave ....until then...I desperately need to relax now

I’m very envious of you guys that have it all together and can do this ....

♥️

Good to hear from you, and glad you are in a better place.

Sometimes....leaping before you look works out well, but for most of us we would call these some of our worst mistakes.

Might ponder picking up some lower stress employment at some point, like temp work, to build up cash reserves and therefore give you more options.

Good you are feeling better, and the dust is settling.

Quite obviously you and the person you are living with do not have the same goals in life. That will always create conflict in a relationship. That does not mean that you can't have a conversation about it and figure out how to be more supportive of each other during this transition period. If you can end up friends then that is for the best.