• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

My old generator

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elbear1

Reaction score
I got a new one because I thought my old one was broke. It turned out to be a simple fix but I had already got my new one. I was going to ship it to my brother but they want $100. So here i am with 2 generators and no room to spare.

Some please take it. We can meet. Im free to go wherever currently in SLC and likely heading to AZ sometime soon.

If you want to give my broke butt some money great. If not, ok. 

Its a 2kw sportsman open frame. Looks rough but gets job done.

you could ask them.. the thing about open frame generators is they piss everybody off within a couple hundred yard radius. you will not make any friends with one. highdesertranger

See, thats the glass half empty perspective. The neurotic people pleaser concern. What theyre good for is getting everyone within 200 yards away from your campsite. Hell just sitting it out front makes lookers keep moving.

Thats right, move along mr. theres a thousand acres but ima park right next you

sometimes you must camp fairly close to others. as much as I don't like to sometimes you just can't get around it and I am not that antisocial. highdesertranger

Lol. Yeah its actually queit box ready with a welded exhaust.

Elbear1 said:
Think HOWA would want it?

Thanks much for thinking of HOWA.  Currently we have enough generators.

Remember, we are nomads ourselves and have little storage.  So, we can't carry around donations for possible distribution later.

What we do now, on a very limited basis, and will do more when we can automate, is "play matchmaker" when we know someone with a need and someone else who can meet that need.  Thus far we've done this with vehicles and house batteries.  HOWA introduces the parties and then steps out of any transactions that might transpire.

Currently we don't know anyone who needs a generator.

kind of you to offer it. if you dont get any takers here. stop in at some local church. you might find a few in SLC...Lol

often times the pastor will know someone in the congregation that may need one...

then if all else fails, stop by and donate it to a thrift store of your choosing

Elbear1 said:
See, thats the glass half empty perspective. The neurotic people pleaser concern. What theyre good for is getting everyone within 200 yards away from your campsite. Hell just sitting it out front makes lookers keep moving.

Thats right, move along mr. theres a thousand acres but ima park right next you
LOL

I really need one in Idaho and I am going to SLC for Thanksgiving with my daughter but that is a long time to have to hold onto it.