My old 3rd generation iPad still going strong after 7 years

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToyotaEscaper

Reaction score
I have much newer tablets with a lot more powerful hardware but I always end up coming back to my old Apple devices from around the Steve Jobs era. Partly due to nostalgia back during the good years for me but also because of the unique style the later products lack. "Sleek yet functional". This pad came out after he passed but he was around for the design phase so I still consider it valid. I have taken up collecting a few of these old Apples from that times in early 2017 and have taken it into a hobby of sorts, a useable hobby. The interior of this thing is almost all battery and the metal slate design just feels so great to hold and use portably. I'm really gonna miss that era but the devices I have now should last me many years especially with jailbreaking and many lightweight field apps.

le5JrWN.png

G5EDcLx.png

Oxty4Zt.png

Congrats
What are you using for the battery report?
My oldest is an iPod Touch. It’s used mostly for audiobooks, podcast listening, white noise for sleeping. But also alerts for bad weather, Google Voice audio and texts. Have considered a battery replacement but don’t quite understand best way to check its status.

I recently found an app called Bookmobile ($4). It is an audiobook player. What I like is you use WiFi to transfer audiobooks from a computer to the iDevice without having to use iTunes. -Can copy CD audiobooks to my laptop and then use WiFi and BookMobile on the iDevice to move to iDevice and then play the book. Other programs may do the same but Bookmobile has been simple for me to use. -Have no connection to the App except to have used

My gear is what I can get on cyber monday sale. I have had very good luck with a used samsung phone. It is my camera, mailbox, TV, radio, and newsstand.
-crofter

Latest posts