My ambo...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baloo said:
Then I figured a shelf outside would stop me from having to cook on the ground.
Now you're talking! That shelf will be nice for cooking on.
Have you considered a chest style fridge such as an Engels for your roll out shelf?

Ballenxj said:
Now you're talking! That shelf will be nice for cooking on.
Have you considered a chest style fridge such as an Engels for your roll out shelf?

I am still in love with the pelican cooler. Someday I may go that route, but they are pricey...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my exterior shelves are behind doors. Yours would be easier to use; will investigate. Cool.

Nothing really improved, just been driving and enjoying the "ambo" experience. Thought this was a good picture to post.

439c37e0dba3a47c0b9bd3aa11abcf91.jpg

rvpopeye said:
Is that a sailboat??

No, it's an ambulance...

Just kidding, yes that is sunfish sailboat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought so , sold a couple of them for $100 when I was working the boat house at a campground a couple years ago.

Gave the generator the once over and a tune up. Nice to have Air conditioning to cool things off!

70929dc1ece844f0d8f068f69c9c974e.jpg

86e7e62ddac95d94fe49077af26ada24.jpg

dang I was wondering where you have been. anyhoo nice trailer care to share some more detail. highdesertranger

Yeah, I was wondering what happened to you? Nice little tag along. That genset looks like an Emerald series 3kw?

Ballenxj said:
Yeah, I was wondering what happened to you? Nice little tag along. That genset looks like an Emerald series 3kw?

No, it is the 5kw model.

What an awesome read this thread has been.

Can't wait for the movie.  :D

Congrats on the great work you've done and thanks for taking the time to document so much of it with pics.

It seems like every time you look at your ambo or step inside of it, your wheels start turning about more improvements you can make.

Very, very cool  :cool:

Finally flipped the boat over and installed a mast carrier. So much easier to take down from the top now. After I install a few rollers on the cab roof and the hood, I should be able to load/unload it by myself!

e1c12b28e96bb1809746a219283d754e.jpg

Oh man, I keep trying to figure out how to bring a boat with me. It struggles mightily with my desire for stealth.

Fresh breezes to you!