My 1995 Ford E150

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cylon

Reaction score
Hey all, I wanted to take a quick video to share with the community here. I post here once before when I bought a 1985 Dodge B350, but I ended up selling it because I didn't want to bother with the rust and the carburetor issues. In the video is a 1995 Ford E150 conversion van. I bought it in September for $2700 the van only had 50k miles when I bought it, tons of new parts. Been a longtime goal to get a very nice van to camp in on weekends. Have already put 1000 miles on it in a month traveling all across Maine.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What's the plan for the interior? After I saw the zebra stripes, I can't help but wonder what a complete redo on the interior with a zebra theme would look like lol. Prob awesome for a week...heh. Nice van though! I'm jelly!

You got a great deal! A bit of cut polish on the exterior and she'll look as good as new.

Cry said:
What's the plan for the interior? After I saw the zebra stripes, I can't help but wonder what a complete redo on the interior with a zebra theme would look like lol. Prob awesome for a week...heh. Nice van though! I'm jelly!
No plans for the inside right now. My wife likes the zebra patterns its just a throw rug to clean it easy. I have 4 deep cycle 6v batteries I'm going to use for power with a battery isolator then maybe add a kitchenette with a mini fridge + butane stove after that and that's it. Most we ever stayed in it was 2 days, fun for camping don't think I would ever stay in it more then a weekend.

Whitey said:
You got a great deal! A bit of cut polish on the exterior and she'll look as good as new.

After winter Ill clay bar it by hand.

Hi Cylon, I am from Quebec, and have a conversion van just like yours. Mine is a E150 1998 I have made a kitchenette. As far as battery is concern, if you only spend weekends in your van, you don't really need 3 batteries.... I only une 1 marine battery and that is enough. Let us know if you make some modification inside the van.

Good luck !

Cylon
Two pairs of 6v's is a pretty good sized batt bank. (Batt envy)
If you take a lot of power out of them before charging you might heat the Alt. too much. Drive every day.

I'm in Maine too , throw an extra dog on the bed this weekend..........

Great van. The 5.8 is very reliable.
Check the 3 bolts that hold the steering gear rack to the frame for broken bolts. Also check for cracks in the frame where it mounts up.
Consider replacing the bolts even if everything checks out okay.
That is one of the issues that is rarely reported on vans. It was a big one in 1994-1995.

It was inspected last month so I hope its ok I cant get under there without ramps.

Latest posts