Ms. Violet's Journey- Plymouth Grand Voyager

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigi

Reaction score
Ms Violet 700.jpgMs Violet interior700.jpg

Well, here she is, my beloved, Ms. Violet.  Oh the possibilities!

And so we begin...

Gigi  :heart:

Attachments

• Ms Violet 700.jpg
    Ms Violet 700.jpg
    83 KB
  • Ms Violet interior700.jpg
    Ms Violet interior700.jpg
    97.3 KB
Ms.violet is beautiful, congratulations :)

Do you have "Stow 'n Go"? Will you be storing the rear seats somewhere?

ascii_man said:
Do you have "Stow 'n Go"?  Will you be storing the rear seats somewhere?

I don't have the Stow 'n Go but it would be nice.  I'm haven't decided if I'm going to store the seats with my son and daughter in law or just try to sell them. :huh:  I better decide soon because I'm itching to start.  

Gigi

Gigi said:
I don't have the Stow 'n Go but it would be nice.  I'm haven't decided if I'm going to store the seats with my son and daughter in law or just try to sell them. :huh:  I better decide soon because I'm itching to start.  

Gigi

There are many things about your situation that I don't know. I know things in storage tend to stay in storage, but maybe you might want to set a plan / timeline to sell them only after you have X amount of experience.

I just observe people learning a lot as they go along (often dramatic like "40 ft Class A ->Motorcycle with Teardrop Trailer -> Armored Car -> houseboat"); you might have a better sense after a trip or two.

(Personally, I am off the market for a couple of months but just tonight found a place that rents Class B's...it's expensive ,and I'm not sure if I'll be approved as a renter, but I just need to reduce the uncertainty about my vehicle needs and parking plans)

Thank you ascii_man for once again your sound advice. You're right, I should just make a couple trips and then figure how what to do with the seats. I bought her with every intent of using her for a year or two and save money to "upgrade" IF I decide to do that. I lucked out finding Ms. Violet and I initially walked away from her. Owner wanted more than I was willing to pay. Anyway she contacted me 3 days later and we negotiated a price we both felt was fair.

I'm sorry to hear you are off market for a couple months. Is that job related? Renting might be the way to go. You will either like them or cross them off your list. :) I know you have searched very hard but please don't give up. The right vehicle is out there for you!!!

Gigi

Hey, hope u and Ms violet are well. I keep thinking about your seats, have u decided? I know u were thinking on the bed first.

Yogidog said:
Hey, hope u and Ms violet are well. I keep thinking about your seats, have u decided? I know u were thinking on the bed first.

Thank you Yogidog.  Well, I haven't decided permanently what I will do with them so they are going to sit in a couple closets until I take a couple trips and make sure I want to live out of minivan for a couple years first.  If I don't, then I can put the seats back in and resell I perfectly wonderful family minivan!  

How are you coming along?

Gigi

Gigi said:
Thank you Yogidog.  Well, I haven't decided permanently what I will do with them so they are going to sit in a couple closets until I take a couple trips and make sure I want to live out of minivan for a couple years first.  If I don't, then I can put the seats back in and resell I perfectly wonderful family minivan!  

How are you coming along?

Gigi
U are so smart on the seats. I was going to say I left mine in last van as it seemed like a big thing to take them out at the time, silly now :) it really changed how much I could do in there. Little room, had to go with out alot. Smart choice.

As far as me, All of a sudden everything coming together, seems it goes like that, tedious prep work for awhile, then a feeling of freedom, empowerment, accomplishment :) we are brave and smart be out of house in month. Then stay around here and work and save. Peace to u! Those seats of yours kept coming to mind, funny