Moultrie solar panel?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dardrian

Reaction score
<P>Unless I missed it, it doesn't even list its wattage. Let alone its nominal voltage.&nbsp;Not a good sign. You're not going to charge a battery very fast with such a small panel. Generally in the summer sun 1w = .5a and&nbsp;most people will use anywhere from 80-120 amps per day. So to have&nbsp;a real solar system you'll need&nbsp;at least 160w.<BR><BR>Given it's size and what someone mentioned in the Q&amp;A about the other similar size panel listed this is around a .7-1w panel.&nbsp;You'd need something like&nbsp;7 dozen of them to&nbsp;do anything significant.&nbsp;And even then you'd be&nbsp;just be&nbsp;barely getting&nbsp;by. </P><BR>What you would need is something like a real 80-120w panel with a basic 10a PWM charge controller. <BR>

Thank you, I'd thought it was very small, but I have small needs (only a cell phone charger and laptop charger).&nbsp;

It is ment to be a trickle charger to keep a battery that has limited use topped off. Probably around 1.5w. I have one I keep on my dashboard that I got at home depot for $10 onsale. It's the chicken soup theory. It my not help much, but it certantly doesn't hurt, and it's better than nothing.