Money Matters?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SinnTek

Reaction score
Money Matters?

So, I have been on this site for quite some time, not as long as a lot of you, but I was wondering if anyone has found any new ways of making some income while on the route via the internet? ​

I have used Textbrokers, and to be honest it is really only good a few days out of the week and even those are twindling down to nothing. I have also recently tried mTurk which is Amazon's Mechanical Worker site where you basically drone out and fill out surveys all day for about 2.50 an hour if you're lucky. Bubblews was also a good blog website however recently they changed their policy where any image, or text that has been previously posted on the web, even cited, is in violation of their terms of service so they don't pay you. ​

Well, those are the sites I know of they you can make a decent income from and I was wondering if anyone may have known of any that were good for people who type extremely fast or are good at filling out surveys.​

Try Craigslist under the Help Wanted section -- sometimes there are quick ways to bring in a few bucks. Last year on a three-week trip up in Colorado I made $100 helping someone (moving out), and another $40 in just two hours helping someone else clean a house before the guy showed it to a potential buyer. You have to be quick on those types of jobs though, as you won't be the only one looking. You could also put out an ad, saying what you can/will do; not just on CL, but maybe join some of the local Facebook groups. It seems like there are always some odd jobs that pop up.

Has anybody else had any experience with mechanical Turk? I have an Amazon account, and can set up a paypal account if that is better. I mean $2.50/hour is better than zero if you are trying to kill time on a stormy day and have nothing better to do. Better than watching TV or something imo. At least you would be semi-productive.

There are a lot of jobs you can do via the internet. I use this forum: http://www.workplacelikehome.com/forum/forum.php for job leads. You have to sign up to be able to access it, but it's free and painless. The amount of info there can be overwhelming, so just take your time reading through the threads.

Good luck!