Minivan Rear Door tent/Screen

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott3569

Reaction score
Hello all,

So, in the process of my build, and I have designed things so that my kitchen is in the rear (06 Grand caravan).. I know many of us here are in minivans.. 

I also know that some have also put there kitchen in the rear similar to my build.. 

But, I am now questioning this design, Unless there are some good quality rear rooms out there.. 

Not so much for rain, I am thinking more about bugs. 

So I am wondering what do others do, while they are set up for a few days.. 

I have been looking at the suv/van tents, but I know they are not meant to last very long.. 

Has anyone made their own screen room for the rear of their Minivan I considered this option also.. although I am not really wanting to go through all that.

So, I would like to know what do you do about bugs if you have the kitchen in the rear of your minivan, or what have you seen others do?

I used to leave the rear of my truck topper open and tailgate down and just made a small frame to drape cheap mosquito netting over and attach to the bumper with magnets. It was pretty fragile but cheap and worked well but I had to take it down every time I moved the truck. I would think an easy up or screen room would give you more space and air flow and maybe you could modify it to be a freestanding addition to the van so you could leave it while going to town or on short trips.

I have used a tension rod with one of those removable patio screen doors on it, which was inexpensive, worked well and rolled up to nothing.

If you have a sewing machine, you could buy flexible screening by the yard and sew Velcro tape to it.

Use the peel and stick Velcro tape around your rear opening, and voila!

A removable rear screen door.

You could also sew a zipper in the center of it, were you so inclined.